• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

01/21/2015 - Tech Talk V52 - Update On Funding

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Elio Motors Tech Talk v52
View this email in your browser
83468eef-7e35-4e13-897e-736414932a0d.jpg
Elio Motors retains Corporate Fuel Securities as Financial Advisor, Placement Agent to Lead Funding Efforts

Launching a start-up usually begins with one person and one big idea. In this case, Paul Elio has a better idea for what people would like to drive. But, obviously, there is no way one person can design, build, market sell and service a new vehicle.

Along the journey, other professionals with unique skill sets need to be added to the team, either as employees or as outside consultants. One challenge is knowing when to add expertise to the team.

Recently, Elio Motors announced the addition of Corporate Fuel Securities, a New York-based FINRA registered broker dealer, to act as financial advisor and placement agent to lead the next phase of our fundraising efforts.

Corporate Fuel Securities acts as a private placement agent to raise debt and/or equity on behalf of its clients. It assists clients in obtaining capital for a broad range of requirements including growth, acquisition, recapitalizations, leveraged buyouts and permanent working capital needs.

Based in New York, the company is well-connected to major financial markets and has a long track record of successfully helping companies obtain the financing they need. Obviously, financing is a critical piece of Elio Motors’ mission and adding Corporate Fuel Securities to our team is a step in the right direction.

Corporate Fuel Securities represents just one of many financial strategies the company is pursuing at this time. Others include a $185 million loan from the Department of Energy, the sale of surplus equipment from the Shreveport facility and several private financing options. As soon as one of these options comes through, Elio Motors will be able to communicate a more specific date for the vehicle launch, which is targeted for the first half of 2016.

Elio Motors continues to make significant progress in its mission to change the way Americans think about commuting. The design of the enclosed three-wheeled vehicle is nearly complete and the company has secured a world-class manufacturing facility in Shreveport where General Motors previously built the Hummer H3. The vehicle’s engine prototype, which is an all-new design, will be unveiled at a private event for suppliers, investors and media.
4eb9731a-5c9b-4975-ae73-3c2dd2225d6f.jpg

The vehicle has developed an enthusiastic grass-roots following and nearly 40,000 people have made reservations for a spot in line when they go to production. The Elio was recently named by CNET.com readers as the "product they'd most like to take home" from the Consumer Electronics Show, beating out new products from tech giants such as Samsung and HP.

Corporate Fuel Securities and the entire Elio team know that having a focused, professional organization dedicated to identifying potential investors will help quicken our path to funding and ultimately to building the vehicle.
c9ac6019-b1fa-45f2-8956-2632554bd5ed.jpg

23e0b01f-8f1b-46ca-b65c-9b12f2c1b348.jpg

Hightech

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Same words are still in the word scrambler they use, they simply just replaced any 2015 reference with 2016 reference. Out put is the same in just different sentence forms.

<Edit>
Still a good article, still nothing really tangible. I saw engine pictures 6,7,8? months ago

Reactions: Ekh

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Same words are still in the word scrambler they use, they simply just replaced any 2015 reference with 2016 reference. Out put is the same in just different sentence forms.

I keep hoping for positive, new information .... it sure will be nice, if/when some comes along

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
this release and it's timing seems to me to be a reaction to the general "concerns" raised here. i.e. -someone at EM is scanning our comments and putting something out there trying to address our "discussions"- (which is great)
And if that's the case,
Hi,
I'd still like to see a yellow color option!!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
this release and it's timing seems to me to be a reaction to the general "concerns" raised here. i.e. -someone at EM is scanning our comments and putting something out there trying to address our "discussions"- (which is great)
And if that's the case,
Hi,
I'd still like to see a yellow color option!!

I would like to believe we are that important however I actually believe it is meant as a reassuring followup to the message from Paul Elio on Friday about the delay. The online follower community across multiple internet sites numbers less than 5,000 people most of which are not very active even if they are members. That means there is likely 30,000+ followers who are not really aware of all the online jibber jabber about Elio Motors.

I always have to remind myself that those of us following along closely online are really living within a bubble which only encompasses a fraction of the reservation holders. The truth is that the vast majority of the 35,000+ reservation holders are not plugged in to what is happening with Elio Motors on a regular basis. Most reservation holders receive the vast majority of their Elio Motors information in the weekly email messages that EM sends out and had no idea that anything was going on at all until they received the message from Paul Elio on Friday. It helps to realize that these emails are not meant for those of us who follow along closely, and as a result already tend to know the stated information, but instead these emails are meant to keep the majority of reservation holders, who do not follow along closely, informed and feeling connected to EM's progress.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to believe we are that important however I actually believe it is meant as a reassuring followup to the message from Paul Elio on Friday about the delay. The online follower community across multiple internet sites numbers less than 5,000 people most of which are not very active even if they are members. That means there is likely 30,000+ followers who are not really aware of all the online jibber jabber about Elio Motors.

I always have to remind myself that those of us following along closely online are really living within a bubble which only encompasses a fraction of the reservation holders. The truth is that the vast majority of the 35,000+ reservation holders are not plugged in to what is happening with Elio Motors on a regular basis. Most reservation holders receive the vast majority of their Elio Motors information in the weekly email messages that EM sends out and had no idea that anything was going on at all until they received the message from Paul Elio on Friday. It helps to realize that these emails are not meant for those of us who follow along closely, and as a result already tend to know the stated information, but instead these emails are meant to keep the majority of reservation holders, who do not follow along closely, informed and feeling connected to EM's progress.
I wish I could do that...
Just forget about the whole thing until I get an email telling me to pick a color and a transmission.
Then again, the ride has been pretty enlightening as well as entertaining so far.
Nah, I'll stick around for a while longer...

Top Bottom