• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

09/17/2014 - Tech Talk - Elio Motors Takes Major Step Toward Producing New Vehicle At Massive Shreve

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Amen, Goofyone.
This guy is just another Grinch on this forum, I've pushed the "Ignore" button on him. :p
I must admit, I don't ignore anyone's input. I simply put a lot of salt on it if I need to. It's a big advantage when only responsible for oneself. For just me I do what GO does and look at all the factual evidence to support it. And also look at the counter arguments. And make decisions for myself. As an individual not being responsible to fix the argument for everyone else.

To tell the truth, I find the negative comments useful from the standpoint that this is what EM may need to address for the Elio to move forward. A true salesman looks at these things not as a detriment but as an opportunity. Just address those concerns and you have your sale! It's hard to keep in mind those with a negative to say, maybe really are just asking for EM to fix this issue. Under the supposition EM reads these things. Although I know how hard it is not to want to bash them about for it.

But now in my advocate side, I feel the need to clarify for everyone else who does not have the time or mind-set to find the balance of evidence for themselves. I'm really glad for people like GO and others who do a good job of bringing all that balancing facts forward for us to see.

But also I feel RogWild and others are also bringing forward things we need to look at. He is effectively saying hey, can this be fixed? It's important to me. At least that mindset, that character assignment, is a way to bring them into inclusive belonging and contribution, and not reject them out to derisive exile.

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I must admit, I don't ignore anyone's input. I simply put a lot of salt on it if I need to. It's a big advantage when only responsible for oneself. For just me I do what GO does and look at all the factual evidence to support it. And also look at the counter arguments. And make decisions for myself. As an individual not being responsible to fix the argument for everyone else.

To tell the truth, I find the negative comments useful from the standpoint that this is what EM may need to address for the Elio to move forward. A true salesman looks at these things not as a detriment but as an opportunity. Just address those concerns and you have your sale! It's hard to keep in mind those with a negative to say, maybe really are just asking for EM to fix this issue. Under the supposition EM reads these things. Although I know how hard it is not to want to bash them about for it.

But now in my advocate side, I feel the need to clarify for everyone else who does not have the time or mind-set to find the balance of evidence for themselves. I'm really glad for people like GO and others who do a good job of bringing all that balancing facts forward for us to see.

But also I feel RogWild and others are also bringing forward things we need to look at. He is effectively saying hey, can this be fixed? It's important to me. At least that mindset, that character assignment, is a way to bring them into inclusive belonging and contribution, and not reject them out to derisive exile.
While I agree with you in concept, I cannot take the time to analyze his comments because of his extreme negativity. You cannot influence people or evoke constructive change if your attitude is so negative that it turns them off and they ignore your comments and concerns.

Last edited:

Larryrc1

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I agree , I work in the healthcare field and am on several committees to improve better treatment for the patients and also for the immediate care givers so they can do their jobs better, so we listen to both sides and strongly suggest that their comments and ideas are always presented in a positive way to get the correct response. We especially listen to the patient's complaints both during their stay and when they exit the hospital , because that's a strong indicator whether we (the hospital)our performing to our best abilities and giving what is expected. But keep in mind, we make sure that everyone (patients ,as well as employees)know that there are limitations and budgets to follow to stay in business and follow guidelines set by all government agencies involved.It always comes down the the buck$$$$$$$$ on what can and cannot be done and do the best and be the wisest in all aspects (production, sales, satisfaction of consumers and the ones who regulate your business ) .So my suggestion is listen to both sides, complainers and the ones who give a congratulations on a wise actions , but most of all ,what ever your asking for or stating that is wrong in a positive manner. Delivery is very important.Thank you and yes , I'm finally done.:mad::)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I agree with you in concept, I cannot take the time to analyze his comments because of his extreme negativity. You cannot influence people or evoke constructive change if your attitude is so negative that it turns them off and they ignore your comments and concerns.
Well, I do admit, if I feel the need, I skip forward while nobody is watching. lol

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

That has been posed here before but it is great for the newer members as many have likely not seen them yet.

This PDF also has many of the same photos, and a few extra, and way more details than most of us need or want to know. I believe many people do not realize just what Elio Motors has in this plant. These vehicles will be built in a state of the art vehicle assembly facility.

http://www.racertrust.org/files/shreveport-marketing-brochure.pdf

Top Bottom