• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/14/2015 - Elio Motors Engine Debut (with Photos!)

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone else see the slight differences in the pictures? It may be the same engine that was taken at different time with a few different parts.
Yep, and discussed them over in this thread:
http://www.elioowners.com/threads/1-14-2015-elio-motors-engine-debut-with-photos.5572

The surprises for me were the oil-to-water intercooler and (presumably) mechanical A/C compressor.

Edit: Sorry, I got confused about which thread I was in. Didn't mean any sarcasm, Cache Man. But we did discuss those difference early in the thread.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The surprises for me were the oil-to-water intercooler and (presumably) mechanical A/C compressor.

in another thread within the last few says it was stated that they have decided to use a standard automotive mechanical A/C system instead of the electrical unit that was previously chosen

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
in another thread within the last few says it was stated that they have decided to use a standard automotive mechanical A/C system instead of the electrical unit that was previously chosen
I know. I think it was G1 who affirmed it. :D

But so many were convinced it would be an electric unit in another thread (where CrimsonEclipse and I got into another flame war before), I was trying to be accommodating because I don't know it will be mechanical. :)

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I know. I think it was G1 who affirmed it. :D

But so many were convinced it would be an electric unit in another thread (where CrimsonEclipse and I got into another flame war before), I was trying to be accommodating because I don't know it will be mechanical. :)

The information came out of a Town Hall meeting on Saturday with Paul Elio where when asked about it he confirmed that they had explored an electric A/C but had settled on the mechanical compressor. :cool:

I was in Charlotte when we heard about the electric A/C unit so I know that was not just made up information however I also understand that this is still a developing project so things are subject to change as the process moves forward. This is why I like making a distinction between what we know via official channels and what information has come to us in conversation with EM personnel or via other avenues. While everything is subject to change I have found information which has been released via the official channels tends to be the least likely to change. :)

Top Bottom