• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/14/2015 - Elio Motors Engine Debut (with Photos!)

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We know this engine has been designed from the beginning to run an A/C compressor as evidenced by the engine animation we have seen. It makes sense to test it this way as it gives EM maximum flexibility if the engine is already designed and tested to work with a compressor which can easily be removed if not needed.
Darn it Goofyone, there you go with your excuses again! Even if they are logical and well-founded! ;)

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I got this down; Here's the interview (they interviewed ME while I was interviewing THEM, so surprising)

1) When do you expect the first public reports of the engine performance?
The engine testing is a 4 to 6 month program, which we're already past the first month, so 3-5 more months.
So far we've taken the engine up into Dry Fitted Pressure testing. This involves all the fluid areas and the high chamber pressure the engine will encounter. When this is completed, power testing can begin.
(Interviewer Note: We've been told before, capacity and volumetric verification was also preformed up front)

2) When will the first build of a crash test vehicle be started? Is there a schedule for the first test? Who will conduct the tests?
This will begin right after the Engine testing completes. So 3 to 5 months from now.

Just trying to put 2 and 2 together.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Except that there has not been an SAE bolt put in an American car for well over a decade!

well .... doesn't EM work at being a different kind of car company ..
confused.gif
.. actually, I'll be pleasantly surprised if they were to go SAE but I'd really be happy if they did .... yep, I'm unrepentantly old school

Top Bottom