• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/14/2015 - Elio Motors Engine Debut (with Photos!)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah no question that engine has not been run. It's way too clean and the exhaust manifold has clearly never been up to temp. If it had run surely they would have released photos and video of it doing so or at least had the exhaust and other systems hooked up for the photo shoot.

Besides as big as this announcement is video of it running would have been MUCH bigger!
Is it not possible that the pictures were taken in November immediately prior to testing then released only after they were sure it wouldn't grenade at the pony show?

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
E Engine.jpg

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Now we know for-certain the "First Start" will not actually be the first start. I'm A-OK with that. :)
I understand that the engine has been running. Now that the break-in has been completed they will put it on the dyno to show what it can do. The Elio article is good and states they think they have hit a home run.

Stephen Workman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BOOM!!!! :D

One thing I noticed right away though, there's an AC compresser bolted onto it? o_O

Gotta hear it run, gotta hear it run, gotta hear it run!! :D:p:rolleyes:
I too was surprised to see the AC compressor. I have seen threads and posts to the effect the AC would be an electric unit - so as not to drain power/lower MPG from the engine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom