• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/15/2014 - Ksla - Elio Motors Announces Delay, Production Expected To Start In 2016

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
From another thread...
My point is this: the 2016 date has been mentioned by at least two journalists reporting from CES. It bears watching. Ultimately, time will tell.
Sometimes, where there's smoke, there's fire.:(

From the same thread...
Personally, I would not be surprised or upset if production doesn't happen by the end of 2015. While I can't begin to grasp all that Elio must accomplish to bring their autocycle to production, I know it's complicated and there are variables outside their complete control.
Elio has made huge progress since I made my All In reservation in July 2013. Their odds of success have increased immensely.

I have seen Elio Motors go from pipe-dream to possible to probable. I can wait.

Last edited:

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The CON comes in when Paul KNEW before the Caddo meeting that it was a no show. They just made him say it 9 months early. He conned us.
If you really think you've been conned, you didn't read your reservation agreement. Shame on you. Call the FBI and give them a good laugh as you try to explain how you were conned.

I knew this was coming. Even said so many months ago and have had "January 2016" as the delivery date since I registered here. I moved it to June 2016 when there wasn't an engine by January 1, as I said I would months ago. So while we agree that the delay was inevitable, we don't agree on how to behave on a public forum about the delay. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read it. But we were still being conned by not being truthful with us when He knew long before the meeting that he could not produce but keep us on the string.
Maybe China will pick up and do it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't believe that it's a Con; I do give credence to the fact that business loans for something this new are guaranteed to hit the biggest speed bumps and detours they can put up.
Can it kill the company? Maybe, but I truly don't believe it will. It is a devastating blow to marketing.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To be a con, the purpose would be to make money and not delivering. Being wrong about a projection isn't a con. It's just mismanagement. If that is the definition of con then GM has been conning people for years... telling people they were getting safe vehicles and lying about their knowledge of the faulty ignition. For shame.

Oh, wait... Elio can't be called a con until they fail to deliver and even then, they would just be failures... To be a con, they have to have no intent on building Elios. Not the case.
Disappointed by another delay? Of course
Bummed that I'll have to wait up to another 6 months? Well, yeah.
Think it's a con? Not a chance. Way too much spent on development for THAT to make sense.

Top Bottom