• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/7/15 - Cult Of Mac (ces) - Sexy Sci-fi Car Get 84 Mpg

Reaction score
http://www.cultofmac.com/308271/elio-motors-three-wheel-car/

From the article:

" ...and the Elio Motors website still says the American-made car will be available this year even though the current plan is to begin production in early 2016."

"After delays, Elio now plans to start production in early 2016..."

SEXY SEXY SEXY, I told ya all it is SEXY !!! I questioned the reporter under the article, WHO told him that. We wait for a answer .... Do RUMP SEXY !!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Reaction score
Aw, come on EZ, give EM a break. We've known this was possible since early last year. I was told it when I visited the Elio in Michigan this past summer.Besides, I'm not even legal to drive the day gone thing till the laws get changed here in OHIO. Transparency, YEA, they have been transparent with us. But, something both the giver and the receiver just don't want to bone up. Besides, I'm not ready to bone up on this yet, there was another article posted just today that said production will start MID-YEAR. Hang in there buddy. Heart attacks aren't fun.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Production dates are misreported all the time and at a big event like CES it is even easier to do this. I would not place any stock in that date as in the various reports from CES I have seen so far I have seen everything from spring 2015 to early 2016 listed as the production date.

For a few years I actually installed temporary computer networks for very large trade shows (Anyone remember COMDEX or Interop back in the day?) and I got to see how the media works at these events. Basically a photographer and a writer go out onto the show floor for a few hours and talk to a bunch of different companies and take notes while doing so then they go back to their hotel rooms, just sit on the floor in the hallways, lunch and work, or if the are lucky go back to a suite provided by their employers and type up a bunch of reports before heading back out and repeating the process over again. This process of taking notes and then deciphering them later is further complicated by the fact that these events are packed full of people and it is hard to even hear what is being said in the first place so this makes the news coming out of these events even more subject to errors than what the media normally does.

By the way it is really cool getting to watch a big Las Vegas trade show materialize from a bare concrete floor in just a few days and then completely disappear again in just a day or two afterwards. :cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom