• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

1/7/15 - Cult Of Mac (ces) - Sexy Sci-fi Car Get 84 Mpg

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
responsibility …

someone has to be the bad guy …
how difficult would it by to have a DIRECT MASS EMAIL TO EVERY RESERVATION HOLDER EVERY WEEK ????

YES EVERY WEEK !

THESE PEOPLE ARE STRUGGLING AND $1000. is like a MILLION $$$$$
they DESERVE TRANSPERANCY AND COMMUNICATION !

forget the driving in snow bull,
forget the blah blah blah

give the INVESTORS WHAT THEY WANT, INFORMATION AND TRANSPERANCY !

we all know there will be no production in 2015, but tell us anyway !!
be HONEST, WE CAN TAKE IT !

IF THEY CANNOT BUILD THIS AND BE 100% HONEST THEY SHOULD NOT BE GOING FORWARD !
they are holding back information to try to keep the investor $ rolling in (NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSITS), but it is backfiring

I WOULD BET THE NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSITS ARE BEING CALLED "INVESTOR CAPITAL" ?
BETTER TO SAY THEY HAVE 40,000 INVESTORS !! (sorry 38,000)

my opinion ..

i am off to the beach ...
Aw, come on EZ, give EM a break. We've known this was possible since early last year. I was told it when I visited the Elio in Michigan this past summer.Besides, I'm not even legal to drive the day gone thing till the laws get changed here in OHIO. Transparency, YEA, they have been transparent with us. But, something both the giver and the receiver just don't want to bone up. Besides, I'm not ready to bone up on this yet, there was another article posted just today that said production will start MID-YEAR. Hang in there buddy. Heart attacks aren't fun.

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aw, come on EZ, give EM a break. We've known this was possible since early last year. I was told it when I visited the Elio in Michigan this past summer.Besides, I'm not even legal to drive the day gone thing till the laws get changed here in OHIO. Transparency, YEA, they have been transparent with us. But, something both the giver and the receiver just don't want to bone up. Besides, I'm not ready to bone up on this yet, there was another article posted just today that said production will start MID-YEAR. Hang in there buddy. Heart attacks aren't fun.

this is not critical to me but it iS to many many many people !
I HAVE BEEN HERE BEFORE, HANGING ON EVERY THREAD ..IT SUCKS ..

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The reporter, Lewis Wallace, responded to me last night.

I asked him:
"Twice in the article you mentioned production will start in early 2016. That is new info. It appears you had a chance to visit with both Don Harris and Jerome Vassallo. Did one of them convey the new date?"

His response:
"To be honest, I don't remember exactly who said that - don't have my notes on me right now - but that was what they were saying. I talked to those guys as well as others from Elio."

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
The reporter, Lewis Wallace, responded to me last night.

I asked him:
"Twice in the article you mentioned production will start in early 2016. That is new info. It appears you had a chance to visit with both Don Harris and Jerome Vassallo. Did one of them convey the new date?"

His response:
"To be honest, I don't remember exactly who said that - don't have my notes on me right now - but that was what they were saying. I talked to those guys as well as others from Elio."

My guess is that he heard it wrong, wrote it down wrong, or read his notes wrong. Very common problems at these shows as I mentioned in a previous post.

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here would be devastated if Elio missed their production target of 2015 and begin full operation in 2016 . I am anxious but can wait for them to get all their ducks in a row . For 15 X more dollars, you would wait a year for Chip Foose to make you a hotrod . :D

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is that he heard it wrong, wrote it down wrong, or read his notes wrong. Very common problems at these shows as I mentioned in a previous post.

Until we get confirmation from another source, I agree.

Personally, I would not be surprised or upset if production doesn't happen by the end of 2015. While I can't begin to grasp all that Elio must accomplish to bring their autocycle to production, I know it's complicated and there are variables outside their complete control.

Elio has made huge progress since I made my All In reservation in July 2013. Their odds of success have increased immensely.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Until we get confirmation from another source, I agree.

Personally, I would not be surprised or upset if production doesn't happen by the end of 2015. While I can't begin to grasp all that Elio must accomplish to bring their autocycle to production, I know it's complicated and there are variables outside their complete control.

Elio has made huge progress since I made my All In reservation in July 2013. Their odds of success have increased immensely.

I agree and believe most of us are realistic enough to understand those facts about this being a complex venture with many external variables which have and will continue to influence the production timeline.

The good news is that the engine testing program is under way and this will be followed this year by the full vehicle testing program including crash testing. These are huge milestones which lead to EM having a fully developed and tested vehicle ready for production. I would say that will be one giant step forward that dramatically increases EM's odds of success. :)

Top Bottom