• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/16/2014 - Jalopnik.com - Six Things That Could Kill Elio Motors Before It Even Launches

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Will it happen?? for sure NO One knows.!!!
We have here many folks who are/were in the industry, know car engineering, and lots, given all the parts could easily put one together.
That said I can't see how it will not happen, as other's have stated its when they'll be off the line

ecdriver711

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will be made and hopefully without any more push back on the time frame. Paul Elio stated they have the investors needed and are not seeking more. Maybe this news has changed. The fed loan would help ease the pressure on the startup i'm sure, but I have not heard that it is essential for EM's success.

BADBOY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most points are weak, stretches, discountable, as refutable as they supportable.

The article's most credible point is the most dangerously fatal: cash flow

The $500 holiday deal is obviously a tactic to "buy" more "free" cash.

The $185M govt loan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advanced_Technology_Vehicles_Manufacturing_Loan_Program will allow me to go all in.
They need $145 million per post above so they "need" a few thousand new reservations? I went all in November 20th & was told about 13,000 ahead of me and last I looked (yesterday) they had less than 38,000 total. How is adding even a few thousand (and they have not) dollars beneficial towards the $145? Paul Elio has said the investors and that ain't us, are ready to put in what is needed but would prefer cash came from elsewhere (the loan you mention). So they are not buying much free cash.

Top Bottom