• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/23 Blog- More Pics!!- No Yellow

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Come Along on the Journey
October 23, 2015

Happy Friday Elio’ers! We hope that the Fall is treating you well. The leaves outside are turning golden orange, a fantastic time of year. Remember to go out and replenish your Halloween candy this week so you have some for the neighborhood kids. You know what I am talking about… I can’t be the only one!

This week’s blog is about the P5 and the decision to include everyone as we create a new vehicle company. We continue down the path to this important milestone with transparency and the inclusion that you ask of us. It is our commitment to you as we want everyone to enjoy this journey with us.

We often think about this as a fan, too, and how things are typically done in this business. Do you remember seeing the ________’s (fill in the blank, any car manufacturer) first couple of prototypes at a car show or public event? Do you remember sitting in a series of generational prototypes leading to the final version? Um, unless you are a senior executive at one of these companies, the chances of this are slim to none. Most car and truck manufacturers spend thousands and thousands of dollars to make sure you cannot see them!

[Broken External Image]
Don’t get too close – they are watching you!

Not Elio Motors. We take the prototypes to the people. We let you touch them. We let sit in them and take pictures of every nook and cranny! Different. Oh yeah! That’s just what we do.

Who voted on the color of the last prototype for _______ (fill in any vehicle manufacturer of your choice)? We believe that there is only one correct answer to this question, and that is Elio Motors.

The Red Hot color was chosen by you. Why? Because we include you, our loyal fans, in the process because you continue to support the Elio mission. Some other vehicle company may be bold enough to copy this level of fan and follower inclusion at some point. If that happens, make sure that you remember that you were part of the first company to do this on national stage.

If you have read this far, thank you! We are pretty sure that most have skipped down to the pictures of the P5, like we would. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so here some good reading material:

[Broken External Image]
Inside the cockpit, looking towards rear seat

[Broken External Image]
Rear wheel cover

[Broken External Image]
Can you feel the aerodynamics?!?!

[Broken External Image]
The Elio Engine

Preview Tour:

TODAY, October 23 – Scottsdale, AZ – Pep Boys at 2524 N Scottsdale Rd. in Scottsdale; Noon – 7pm – P4 show

October 24-25 – Chandler, AZ; Chandler Fashion Center, 3111 W Chandler Blvd; Sat – 10 am-9 pm; Sun 11 am-6 pm – P4 show

Thank you for your continued support!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking at the picture of the right-rear quarter, it appears the channel for the exhaust plumbing is pretty high up on the body. And addressing a much-discussed issue, it appears to end ahead of the fuel filler. So accidental spillage will run down the body and not onto the hot exhaust.
G+D bless ya I see pieces of gray plastic held together with painter's tape, and a motor where it should be. Personally, I haven't felt this good about the project since the day BEFORE the announcement that the $ wasn't in place!

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
G+D bless ya I see pieces of gray plastic held together with painter's tape, and a motor where it should be. Personally, I haven't felt this good about the project since the day BEFORE the announcement that the $ wasn't in place!

Looks like clecos too and it looks like they are using them as post it notes as they all have writing on them.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In the top picture; the interior is going to be a dream to redo.
It's all panels so they can come out (probably very easily) and painted, or upholstered or covered in material (without sewing).
I like it :thumb:
I'm going to guess and say they will paint to match and have little material panels that will just Velcro in; or do a two or 3 color pre-painted (like black/grey/beige).
Down the assembly line it's just snap in place and done.

lnwlf40

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How did they make the body panels? Maybe one of those big 5 axes carving machines carved them out of foam.
The body panels are made from fiberglass reinforced SMC plastic composite, similar to the composite front and back bumpers on new cars and what Corvettes body panels are made from (so I am told). My guess is they are press molded somehow.:noidea:

Top Bottom