• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/3/2014 - Ktal Nbc 6 - Interview With Paul Inside The Factory

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. Obviously Tesla is producing automobiles, and Justin Bieber had his own Fisker. I saw another parked at a local bowling alley. For a quick update on Fisker, as well as a quick summation of the government loan program's efforts in supporting startups see the link below.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-in-bankruptcy-now-poised-to-sell-in-us-auto/

Yeah, they make them now, but I don't think they were making cars when they applied for their DOE loans. Telsa used theirs at least in part to fund their big assembly plant in Cali. So I was trying to make the point that of the four big DOE loans made (and referenced in Wiki), two were made to companies not that much further along then than Elio is now.

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Few years back I put some extensions on my saddle bags (Motorcycle) to my surprise when they you did not screw them on as I had though. They were put on with an automotive body adhesive. I trade the bike off at 75K it is still running around and those extensions are still on. They have some amazing stuff now.
They do weld some plastic. A friend of mine that retired as a Rail Road welder has a small shop he welds plastic door handles like on your refrigerator that get broken. He makes a lot of cash doing it. He says the replacement are so expensive it worth it to repair them.

It is possible to weld plastic to plastic,, but I don't believe you can weld it to a steel frame.

Top Bottom