• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/3/2014 - Ktal Nbc 6 - Interview With Paul Inside The Factory

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only business plans we have seen have not included the Federal CAFE credit schemes and this is what I assume EM has submitted to the government as their primary business plan. It is also possible EM could have submitted several plans showing various scenarios including at least one where CAFE credits come into play.

If I am wrong correct me. These types of credits do not apply to motorcycles in most cases. So it would be of no use to ELIO until they can get the ELIO reclassified as a car.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If I am wrong correct me. These types of credits do not apply to motorcycles in most cases. So it would be of no use to ELIO until they can get the ELIO reclassified as a car.
I believe this is one of the things EM is working on - getting the autocycle accepted as an exception to that rule. I'm not sure where I heard or read that but that is my memory from some time in the past month or so. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice find!! Really encouraging to see Paul inside the factory. Also factory looks nice and modern instead of being old and run down. Will be awesome to see it filled with people working away on our Elio's someday. (perhaps Paul can make money with a haunted factory attraction since its October).
That would be a great idea if you could count on people not trashing the place. Unfortunately. . . . . . .o_O :rolleyes: :) Z

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That would be a great idea if you could count on people not trashing the place. Unfortunately. . . . . . .o_O :rolleyes: :) Z
Well, like any other haunted attraction, you have to put American Workers to work by building prompts, sets, hire actors, security, schedule appearances by semi-famous people, etc etc.

Lot of money, imagination and work goes into some of the better haunted attractions. I said it more in fun, as I feel its much too late to get a quality haunted factory up at this point. And I hope this time next year it will NOT be possible as it will be filled with the hustle and bustle of American workers building our Elio's.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dunno about the anti-start-up bias as two of the first four loans made were to Tesla and Fisker, neither of which had at that time produced a vehicle either and one of which never really every did.

It is public knowledge however that the Tesla application took over a year to process, so I'm think that EM's application will go about as fast, e.g. we ought to hear demonstrative rumblings about at least hitting stage 3 sometime in early 2015. It could be too that the relatively modest figure sought ($185 isn't it for EM while the Tesla loan was >$400M) may de-risk this and permit a quicker turnaround.

Given the need for demonstration hours it would seem like the best thing EM could do would be to crank out a bunch of P5's and really nail down the reality end of this little proposition.

HHH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dunno about the anti-start-up bias as two of the first four loans made were to Tesla and Fisker, neither of which had at that time produced a vehicle either and one of which never really every did.
Not sure what you mean. Obviously Tesla is producing automobiles, and Justin Bieber had his own Fisker. I saw another parked at a local bowling alley. For a quick update on Fisker, as well as a quick summation of the government loan program's efforts in supporting startups see the link below.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-in-bankruptcy-now-poised-to-sell-in-us-auto/

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean. Obviously Tesla is producing automobiles, and Justin Bieber had his own Fisker. I saw another parked at a local bowling alley. For a quick update on Fisker, as well as a quick summation of the government loan program's efforts in supporting startups see the link below.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-in-bankruptcy-now-poised-to-sell-in-us-auto/

A well respected business owner here in Athens, Georgia had a Fisker, I saw it up close. Don't know whether he still has it or not, but then he purportedly has a pretty amazing automobile collection, that I will try to see someday. Might have a chance, my wife works at the corporate offices and I get the chance to shake hands with him on occasion. Keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I agree completely, but I'm going to spin it a little differently.

Too many people already have too much invested to delay production when all that stands in the way is a little money. The payoff is too huge.....

I'm liking those words KS6C. Will use them to get me through the day. LOL!

Top Bottom