• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/3/2014 - Ktal Nbc 6 - Interview With Paul Inside The Factory

ks6c

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"These are companies that everybody knows throughout the world. Like you said that pedigree, it lends credence, it lends credibility to what you are doing,” he continues. “…It's a real stamp of approval, because these companies don't like small companies and they don't like start-ups. Right, so if I got one or two of them, that would have been impressive; but to have 34 world class companies helping me do this, it's a real validation of the idea.”

The product is compelling. But the project (itself) is what's it's really about.

These are the two snippets that jumped out for me in the video - the first is why I also believe it WILL happen. The second, for me, drives home the industry-disrupting revolutionary business model that is the foundation of it all.

I'm pumped!

ozarkbugg

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
If for some reason they do not get the loan, would Bobby Jindal the Gov step in?
I think this project is going to fly. They would not have 34 suppliers lined up if something did not smell right .
Paul has a lot of positives in his corner. I would think the DOE is full of green people, who would love to see this project fly.
The price of the car is a huge plus, the fuel mileage is a huge plus.
Paul is interested in saving people money. He is putting the customers needs first. Pick the options YOU want, instead of a
expensive option package of things you don't need. Again, very unselfish of Paul, putting the customer first, instead of his own pocket.
That is the recipe for success. In my book he has a 99% chance of pulling this off.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
These are the two snippets that jumped out for me in the video - the first is why I also believe it WILL happen. The second, for me, drives home the industry-disrupting revolutionary business model that is the foundation of it all.

I'm pumped!
You picked the very ones that gave me good goose bumps, ks6c. Even re-reading them gives me a thrill! :-) Z

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not the video we're waiting on, but I found this on their site:
Link
It's a phone interview from August where Paul Elio states that a delay on the Loan would delay production.

THIS is significant and not to be ignored. And if a delay of the loan would delay production, what would be the impact of a loan denial?

creekstone

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Paul Elio is a visionary. No doubt. But he needs funding to realize his/our dream.

From day one, I have followed the money. (I have been All In since July 2013.) From where I sit, money is the only remaining significant hurdle. Keep your fingers crossed regarding the government loan. Me... I'm keeping my expectations in check regarding a solid production date.

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Many things are held together with different forms of glue (adhesive). Like DuPont used to say better living through chemistry.

But body panels? Why is it so hard to bolt or weld them on? When the glue is old, what will prevent the panel from falling off?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But body panels? Why is it so hard to bolt or weld them on? When the glue is old, what will prevent the panel from falling off?
I sure hope not. Super glue was used on me in one of my recent surgeries. Of course the Elio panels won't grow to absorb the scar like my body did. I suspect they wouldn' use it if they didn't know it would work. It seems it would devinitely be lighter weight than bolt or weld. But then I know nothing at all about construction of vehicles. :-) Z

Husker1

Elio Addict
Reaction score

It's not your everyday glue that they will be using. It's more than likely a 2 part structural adhesive much like that is used in the aviation industry. As long as the two surfaces are prepped correctly the glue will hold forever. Plus the body panels are a composite panel, so no welding will be going on there. Now they could have inserts in all these panels and they could be bolted to the frame and each other, but I'm guessing that would make the cost higher.

Top Bottom