• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/31/14 E M Blog - Elio & Green Fleet

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Happy Friday Elio friends and Happy Halloween! This week in the blog we are going to talk about a potentially large part of Elio’s business, fleet. The impetus: we attended the Green Fleet Conference and Expo this week in Schaumburg, IL with the P3 and members of our “Fleet Tour Team.” Like other tour stops, we were definitely a hit and probably talked to every person in attendance (including other vendors). We were next to a major manufacturer for the show, and they spent a lot of time watching us talk to future fleet customers! Oh, and before you send emails, this was a private event for conference attendees only. We were in and out so we couldn’t do anything for the public at this time. We will be back though!

[Broken External Image]

We have talked about “why Elio” quite a bit, but to the fleet customer the economics are many times larger than for an individual. Think about it, you can save $1,500 a year on fuel which is enough to make a LOT of payments. Now multiply that times 100, or 200 or as much as 1000! That is real (huge) savings for companies. Each gallon of fuel saved is money in their pocket and helps save our environment.

Another Elio benefit that got these fleets thinking is the selling price of $6,800. Currently the fleets have a lot of options for vehicles and none of the cars are remotely close in price to the Elio. You could see the wheels turning when the vehicle cost versus the competition discussion came up… ” I could get 5 Elios for the price of one Crown Vic” and “We could drive the Elio for over 20 or even 30 years just on the savings on the purchase price” were common comments.

[Broken External Image]

Many fleet customers also look for the benefits that are important to you as an individual: safety: the reinforced steel roll cage, three airbags, ABS and traction control and American made were also huge pluses this week among the fleet managers.

We have always felt that city/state/county municipalities would be the perfect Elio partner, and this week really solidified that belief. We spoke to many Fleet Managers from all around the country about the Elio. To be fair, we occasionally saw some reluctance about adding the Elio to the fleet, but in almost every case once we started talking about where they could replace an expensive, inefficient vehicle you could feel the tide turn. There is a spot in every municipality for the Elio be it in parking enforcement, Permit and Code departments, Water and Sewer, everyone we spoke with mentally found a great use for the Elio. We love it of course, and there is a double benefit in it for everyone as tax payers: less spending on vehicles and gas! If you would like to reach out to the Fleet group they can be emailed at fleet@eliomotors.com

There are almost 90,000 municipalities (census.gov) in the US, think about how much we could save as a country…

This week in the Elio Preview Tour:

Today, October 31st – Las Vegas, NV – Shelby Museum, parking area, 6405 Ensworth Street; 9 am to 12 pm – P4 showing

Thanks for your continued support!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find this very interesting. Elio has a person in charge of fleet sales; no fleet sales have been reported to date. So it's nice to see Elio actively working this market. What interests me about this piece is that it almost sounds like a request to folks like us to beat the drum for Elio fleet sales! Well, why not? Some of us must either be fleet operators or know someone who is a fleet operator or manager. I betcha small-to-medium towns would, given plenty of education and hand-holding, find the Elio a pretty attractive proposition. We're not gonna see Elios driven by city cops, but health inspectors -- why not?

I am not aware of anyone in my immediate circle of friends who's in this position, but I bet I can find one and talk to him / her about the Elio and give them the email address mentioned in the pr release. How about it, Elio lovers?

wheaters

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I find it interesting that they were displaying the P3 rather than the 4.

Perhaps they've realised that the lighting placement issue of the 4 is a concern and they need those side podded headlights.

If they'd only let me buy a P3....... I really don't care about 84 mpg as long as I can drive one in UK.

P.s. I just wish they'd put the photos on the right way up.....

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Perhaps they've realised that the lighting placement issue of the 4 is a concern and they need those side podded headlights.

If they'd only let me buy a P3....... I really don't care about 84 mpg as long as I can drive one in UK.

No big deal-- the P4 is engaged at the SEMA conference out west.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I have had the photo problem myself and still haven't figured out how to fix it. When you save the document it appears to be OK but then when you post it - wrong again.! Very frustrating and this is their first blog post. I'm sure they will improve with practice. :-) Z

Reaction score
Hello and Happy Sunday, lol. Yesterday I asked on the FB page about the fleet demo in IL. I didn't get all the answers I inquired on. But only "the fleet sales are not counted in with the reported reservation numbers". I asked if the fleet sales committed this week in IL will get their vehicles before the existing reservationist and got NO ANSWER. The blog post on this subject this week only gave me more to question than answers. Just how will they fall in line to get their vehicles, If indeed, the fleet sales are not counted in with the reported reservation numbers? The One thousandth, Six hundred and eighty fifth and the Five thousandth, Six hundred and forty eighth Elio made might not be mine but they might go into a fleet order. Now, that would be shitty. Or will they be available before they make the refundable orders? Or Or Or?

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm... It seems the plant should have excess capacity to fulfill reservations and still build a number of vehicles as well.

I would expect EM to fulfill all $1000 all in reservations in the order of the reservation number. However, for any reservations that don't have a reservation number it seems that if an all in fleet purchase is made prior to those non-numbered reservations that EM could easily meet both commitments given the capacity of the plant.

Reaction score
I assume that too. But, I don't like to assume, lol. I really would like my VINs to match my reservation numbers. My Daughter's reservation has only $100.00 on it. We plan on tripping down as a family unit to pick it up, so I don't care how long we wait for it after Dad and I get the first two delivered.

Top Bottom