• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

10/31/14 E M Blog - Elio & Green Fleet

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello and Happy Sunday, lol. Yesterday I asked on the FB page about the fleet demo in IL. I didn't get all the answers I inquired on. But only "the fleet sales are not counted in with the reported reservation numbers". I asked if the fleet sales committed this week in IL will get their vehicles before the existing reservationist and got NO ANSWER. The blog post on this subject this week only gave me more to question than answers. Just how will they fall in line to get their vehicles, If indeed, the fleet sales are not counted in with the reported reservation numbers? The One thousandth, Six hundred and eighty fifth and the Five thousandth, Six hundred and forty eighth Elio made might not be mine but they might go into a fleet order. Now, that would be shitty. Or will they be available before they make the refundable orders? Or Or Or?
As a guess, I would say this is much ado about nothing. I can't imagine any large orders being placed before the Elio is being produced. Businesses and governments simply don't work that way. Of course, one could surprise me but it would be a very, very, big surprise.

Having said that, I do think it is very important to get the information out there for this "potential" fleet vehicle. That way, once we are on the road, businesses and governments will be aware and far more likely to respond favorably. Of course, as always, that is my very biased and totaly not humble opinion. :-) Z

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a guess, I would say this is much ado about nothing. I can't imagine any large orders being placed before the Elio is being produced. Businesses and governments simply don't work that way. Of course, one could surprise me but it would be a very, very, big surprise.

Having said that, I do think it is very important to get the information out there for this "potential" fleet vehicle. That way, once we are on the road, businesses and governments will be aware and far more likely to respond favorably. Of course, as always, that is my very biased and totaly not humble opinion. :) Z

Back of the line No soup for you! Why would we take your order for 100 cars if you didn't ask before we started?

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Having said that, I do think it is very important to get the information out there for this "potential" fleet vehicle. That way, once we are on the road, businesses and governments will be aware and far more likely to respond favorably. Of course, as always, that is my very biased and totaly not humble opinion. :) Z
Well there goes the new Fighter Jets. You mean the Government goes to the lot and just picks out a few from stock? COOL!!!
I wonder where the space shuttle sales lot was located.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Back of the line No soup for you! Why would we take your order for 100 cars if you didn't ask before we started?
I meant they are less likely to order based on hand built one of prototype than an actual production sample vehicle. Of course they would have to order in advance but they are going to want to know exactly what they are ordering. At least that is my totally biased and completely not the least bit humble opinion. :-) Z

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I meant they are less likely to order based on hand built one of prototype than an actual production sample vehicle. Of course they would have to order in advance but they are going to want to know exactly what they are ordering. At least that is my totally biased and completely not the least bit humble opinion. :) Z

Gov'ts don't plan that far ahead for simple products like cars. They are not like aircraft carriers on nuke subs.

There are lots of potential fleet users in the private sector too.

Top Bottom