• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets study the wording closely. "We now intend to sell the first 100 pre-production vehicles built to one or more fleet customers" We don't know if these fleet customers are a part of the 50+000 current reservation holders. Also, Pre-production in my mind means these are not completed production models and are still test mules. They probably will not have VIN numbers and may not meet government requirements (what ever they are). There may be a huge liability issue if these 100 units hit the street. Is there a coincidence between Roush and the 100 fleet sales, where would Roush want these 100 units to go?

I have the feeling that, at the time these 100 are produced, they will meet all of the production goals. The "real world testing" will then reveal any issues like rattles, squeaks, road noise, etc. Along with fine tuning engine & transmission management and ride quality issues. At that point, I really don't think safety will be an issue.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets study the wording closely. "We now intend to sell the first 100 pre-production vehicles built to one or more fleet customers" We don't know if these fleet customers are a part of the 50+000 current reservation holders.?
This change will not affect any of us negatively. IIRC, EM was originally going to "...keep the first 125 for internal use." So in reality, That is still their plan. "Internally" they will be selling 100 (of the 125) to "fleet customers." :becky:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets study the wording closely. "We now intend to sell the first 100 pre-production vehicles built to one or more fleet customers" We don't know if these fleet customers are a part of the 50+000 current reservation holders. Also, Pre-production in my mind means these are not completed production models and are still test mules. They probably will not have VIN numbers and may not meet government requirements (what ever they are). There may be a huge liability issue if these 100 units hit the street. Is there a coincidence between Roush and the 100 fleet sales, where would Roush want these 100 units to go?
I think we maybe over analyzing that statement. The key word here is "SELL". Nobody sells an incomplete product so I'm thinking it's a complete, fully tested vehicle down to the last detail and road worthy- that's Roush job to get it done. That will eliminate our concern for possible lawsuits. Now my understanding of PRE-PRODUCTION is a limited number just for the chosen few as in this case, for fleet customers and not available for the general public....yet! Think "limited edition". It's very interesting to find out how much will these 100 units will be priced! :D I can almost guarantee it won't be $6,800. :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where did you here that we would see pics "next week''? :confused2:
Someone mentioned in a post a few days ago that Jerome mentioned photos of the E Build progress in or about two weeks..........during a discussion in Shreveport. That should be the end of next week or the beginning of the following week.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This statement "They probably will not have VIN numbers and may not meet government requirements (what ever they are)."
Have you ever tried to title of license a car without a VIN?
This leave a big hole in real world use; are they going to be used on a campus? Or in a country where you can hang a special tag on it and not something just anyone can get. And what happens to them after testing? I know Chrysler does this and after a certain period, the cars are crushed or made "non-operable".
Something else to consider.

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This statement "They probably will not have VIN numbers and may not meet government requirements (what ever they are)."
Have you ever tried to title of license a car without a VIN?
This leave a big hole in real world use; are they going to be used on a campus? Or in a country where you can hang a special tag on it and not something just anyone can get. And what happens to them after testing? I know Chrysler does this and after a certain period, the cars are crushed or made "non-operable".
Something else to consider.
Good point, if the fleet company is going to drive these on the streets, they will have to be registered and licensed so they should have VIN numbers.

Top Bottom