• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first 100 vehicles will go to fleet orders: "We now intend to sell the first 100 pre-production vehicles built to one or more fleet customers, rather than use them for internal purposes as previously disclosed in our offering statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission...."

What I don't like is how they announce the delay in production. It sounds like the fleet orders will take precedence over the consumer. I feel as customers they should come to us with an email rather than reading it in the news. To me this is disrespectful towards the Elio followers.

"Although the fleet vehicle build is a step in the right direction for the end consumer driving experience, the bulk of the consumer launch will have to be moved into 2017 at a date to be determined..."
Since when did fleet purchasers stop being consumers too? I'm not seeing how starting production this year as EM said they would is disrespectful.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had to do some thinking after reading the notice about the 100 preproduction vehicles .... on the one hand, I like the idea of real world testing prior to producing trikes for reservation holders .... if I had a low reservation number I'd sure want them to do everything possible to not build my Elio until they had the process down .... in reading the notice, they indicated the delay is the result of funding .... nothing new about that

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since when did fleet purchasers stop being consumers too? I'm not seeing how starting production this year as EM said they would is disrespectful.
Please read the full message. By definition, a business is not a "consumer".

con·sum·er
kənˈso͞omər/
noun
  1. a person who purchases goods and services for personal use.
    "consumer demand"
What if your son or daughter were getting married (or some "close" family member died) and you found out by reading the paper? Wouldn't you as "family" prefer to be personally notified prior to the news media?

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If the 100 are to be sold instead of being used for internal use, then the "delay" should only be 100 vehicles for internal use. That's only a 1 day delay according to their schedule, right?

there appears to be more to it .... from the news release "Although the fleet vehicle build is a step in the right direction for the end consumer driving experience, the bulk of the consumer launch will have to be moved into 2017 at a date to be determined, as the company continues to seek additional funding." .... it will be interesting to to see how far into 2017

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Please read the full message. By definition, a business is not a "consumer".

con·sum·er
kənˈso͞omər/
noun
  1. a person who purchases goods and services for personal use.
    "consumer demand"
What if your son or daughter were getting married (or some "close" family member died) and you found out by reading the paper? Wouldn't you as "family" prefer to be personally notified prior to the news media?

I guarantee, when I sign my name on a purchase order at work, I'm a person purchasing goods. And pretty much everyone is happy I didn't consult them first, especially when it's for toilet paper. ;)

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guarantee, when I sign my name on a purchase order at work, I'm a person purchasing goods. And pretty much everyone is happy I didn't consult them first, especially when it's for toilet paper. ;)
You as a "purchaser" are representing your company (if this is what you do) rather than a consumer (see above definition). Even though you may "consume" items purchased by and for your company... it is again, by definition for your company and its for business activities. You as an employee consume items as you perform activities you were hired to do. This is not for freely open "personal use" by grabbing a few roles of toilet paper to "consume" at home. I would think your company would frown on this.:(

So save your money and use the toilet paper at work.:D

TCBronson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets study the wording closely. "We now intend to sell the first 100 pre-production vehicles built to one or more fleet customers" We don't know if these fleet customers are a part of the 50+000 current reservation holders. Also, Pre-production in my mind means these are not completed production models and are still test mules. They probably will not have VIN numbers and may not meet government requirements (what ever they are). There may be a huge liability issue if these 100 units hit the street. Is there a coincidence between Roush and the 100 fleet sales, where would Roush want these 100 units to go?

Cache Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Lets study the wording closely. "We now intend to sell the first 100 pre-production vehicles built to one or more fleet customers" We don't know if these fleet customers are a part of the 50+000 current reservation holders. Also, Pre-production in my mind means these are not completed production models and are still test mules. They probably will not have VIN numbers and may not meet government requirements (what ever they are). There may be a huge liability issue if these 100 units hit the street. Is there a coincidence between Roush and the 100 fleet sales, where would Roush want these 100 units to go?
Elio said the fleet customers are part of the number.

Top Bottom