• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

HonestTex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The tests EM needs to conduct to satisfy DoE will require more than one sacrificial vehicle. Paying back the loan as DoE requires, will take demonstrating the ability to generate revenue from sales, 100 vehicles to start, will nicely do.;)
Uhhmm...OK...uh...well....maybe they confirmed the mpg part with the P5....yeah....that's what I meant to say...yeah.that's the ticket...:rolleyes:

(my theory is quickly falling apart)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
While this probably isn't the Fleet customer, it would be nice if it were Pep Boys so they would be getting first hand experience with the potential repair issues before regular production begins.
But the preproduction and the production Elio's will be different. (It was mentioned in the posted article).
How much different could be minimal or could be something major; all depends on how they "shake" out in real world driving.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The google alert that I got said that Elio was producing the 100 Elios for the funding they'll provide. Paul said they were calculating a profit per production vehicle of $1,000. IF they can make the first limited production run at the same cost, they'll make $100,000 from building 100 Elios... hardly a funding bonanza!

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The google alert that I got said that Elio was producing the 100 Elios for the funding they'll provide. Paul said they were calculating a profit per production vehicle of $1,000. IF they can make the first limited production run at the same cost, they'll make $100,000 from building 100 Elios... hardly a funding bonanza!
The initial plan would have produced no revenue at all and now it will produce about $680,000 if purchased at the target price. I'm certain the funding is not from profit, but from receiving funds for vehicles which would not have produced revenue at all.

I suspect neither scenario indicates a profit on these vehicles will occur. They are loss leaders and part of the development cost.

I think they can use the time to work out production kinks prior to hiring the regular production workers. I also suspect this build will be simultaneous with the E-Series build or at least overlap it.

I also think they are working out ways to shorten the critical path by parallel, rather than sequential testing.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Uhhmm...OK...uh...well....maybe they confirmed the mpg part with the P5....yeah....that's what I meant to say...yeah.that's the ticket...:rolleyes:

(my theory is quickly falling apart)
I don't care about any of our theories, I just want to know there's an Elio in each four driveways. :D

Top Bottom