• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The first 100... that will take what, 2 hours? :)
I suppose that the line workers will switch jobs so that the guy who drops the engine in will also know how to bolt on the hood and the door. If the line stops 10 times and people are shuffled around it might take all day to get 100 built. I would imagine that the fleet buyers would include the city of Shreveport and perhaps some others in the immediate area. At least some of the first 100 would be at work the next day. The line workers have to be kept busy while the first 100 are worked and evaluated so I doubt the production of the 50,000+ Elios that are on order will be held up for long.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
What makes you think the building of 25 engineering vehicles has stopped? That is happening. Roush's role is to fine tune the mass produced production vehicle. I doubt the money Elio Motors raises from fleet sales of 100 vehicles will help their bottom line.

"We now intend to sell the first 100 pre-production vehicles built to one or more fleet customers, rather than use them for internal purposes as previously disclosed in our offering statement filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission"

It was the "rather than use them for internal purposes..." part that made me think they were no longer going to make the 25 E-series. Unless in the SEC filing they mentioned using the 25 E-series AND the first 100 production units for internal testing, which I do not recall hearing mention of.

If they are still making the 25 E-series then the part about differing from what was disclosed in the SEC filing seems like it did not need to be mentioned.

I am hoping I read that wrong, but that is how it seemed to me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom