• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, but if you wear a bluetooth headset and talk quietly, you can usually get away with it.

Seriously, I remember before there were cell phones, once in a while, a long while, I would see a person on the intersection corner talking to 'invisible' people. That person of course would stick out like a sore... well just a person to give extra distance to. I witnessed that maybe three times in 20 years.

But now.. oh my gosh, that person just needs a phone in their hands and you would never know. Maybe they wouldn't either. It's just as well, mostly they are harmless.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I suspect that the four listed companies are buying fewer than 100. I can't find the exact language that tripped my radar.

• In July 2015, S.O.S. Alarm had four employees. They list three different offices on the website, so maybe they've grown.
  • Presently, Treasure Coast Car Wash has one location but has publicly-stated expansion plans across Florida.
  • Scoopy Doo seems to be the big dog here (pun intended). No employee count, but they have grown quickly since incorporating (as Safe Park of Glen Cove) on May 28, 2009. Offices on Long Island and beyond.
  • Griffin Beverage operates five warehouses in Michigan. They must have a decent-sized sales force. I noticed a Red Bull connection. Maybe one of our Michigan members will see a purple and silver Elio driving around. I think that big can on the roof might hurt MPG a little.
I can certainly see a nother advantage for TCCW, getting a Elio early gives them time to test out cleaning Elios. Especially if any automated equipment is involved.

bunchathrees

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering if they'll use the Elios as a visual attraction in front of their business or for operations managers to use while shuttling between sites. It would seem premature for TCCW to be considering a fleet of vehicles - unless they have more open sites and I just couldn't find them.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I've seen car wash chains open with different names, but all belong to the parent company.
This way if you have a "Social Media active loudmouth" bad mouthing one place, people won't carry those reviews from car wash to car wash because they have the same name.
When I was doing Title & Escrow, companies would have 2 or 3 offices in one town, but they had different "company" names; so many times you'd hear people saying "I'll never do business with Office A" but "we love doing business with Office C".
What they didn't realize is that all of them were the same company; and they could be just a few blocks apart. Some of the people would "float" between offices depending on how busy one place was.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Explaining the choice to clear part of this thread.
An entry started a discussion on a topic that had nothing to do with the thread; on that same members later post it was said that closing the thread at that point would be a good choice. I agreed that it had started going in a direction that probably wasn't the best topic to discuss here.
The thread was locked, all of the entries in that part of it were removed; the thread is now open again, and I ask that we don't start on that direction again. I hope everyone understands and can move on.
Thank you

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, stay with me.

We could have a start-up company, say Elio Owners, LTD., who would hire Owner Operators with the proviso that they would drive Elios as part of their COMPENSATION and all they would need is an investment of about $7000. The purpose of the company would be compatible with Elio Motor Company since driving them a lot would be the job and feedback would be the purpose.

Works for me.

Top Bottom