• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

100 Preproduction Elio's To Be Built In December!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM is suppose to deliver 100 preproduction vehicles to fleet customers in December.

What would be the response and attitude of the fleet customers if EM delayed delivery of these vehicles, as it has delayed delivery to the reservationist?
Is there any reason to believe EM won't deliver the 100 pre-production Elio's Q4 2016?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An hour to modify the car (60 one minute stations would be overkill but I'll use it for emphasis. 15 four minute stations would make more sense and still be slow) anyway, back on point, One hour to do one car, an hour to load and 13 hours to deliver means it would be at the store at noon. Easy peasy.

Two cars would take one hour and one minute, 60 cars would take one hour and 60 minutes, etc...
maybe it's addressed further in this thread, 13 hour delivery and just how many trucks will be out there delivering and how many coming back empty, every day, all shifts covered, weight checks, accidents/traffic tie-up, weather, breakdowns etc etc. can't happen, no one has documented/calculated the hugh number of trucks for this adventure- do you need 7/center (one to arrive every day), trucks delivering to the stores, coming back empty.
and all that with the plan of less than a 24hr delivery. (of all the goals mentioned/promised) this just put undue pressure on the company. No one would blink if they said 2 "Work days"
had That, with all of it's many shortcomings is why dealerships have easier distribution. from factories to dealers- who do not have to carry each model in every option, they "share" with nearby dealers, the trucks can move from dealer to dealer.

III:XIX:MMXVI
time to turn in- XI:XVII

champsman

Elio Addict
Reaction score
maybe it's addressed further in this thread, 13 hour delivery and just how many trucks will be out there delivering and how many coming back empty, every day, all shifts covered, weight checks, accidents/traffic tie-up, weather, breakdowns etc etc. can't happen, no one has documented/calculated the hugh number of trucks for this adventure- do you need 7/center (one to arrive every day), trucks delivering to the stores, coming back empty.
and all that with the plan of less than a 24hr delivery. (of all the goals mentioned/promised) this just put undue pressure on the company. No one would blink if they said 2 "Work days"
had That, with all of it's many shortcomings is why dealerships have easier distribution. from factories to dealers- who do not have to carry each model in every option, they "share" with nearby dealers, the trucks can move from dealer to dealer.

IMHO The marshalling centers in the western states will have them railed in, saving on cost and moving large numbers of E's in a short time. All due to the long distance from factory.
Only after there are sales stores open.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Oh, I don't think there'll be very many trucks and trailers deadheading all the way back to the LA Factory.
That'd be a quick way to bankruptcy and that's just not the way modern logistics work.

They'll probably have some kind of quick "adapter" to enable the Elios to fit on a standard auto trailer.
The adapters will be stripped off of the either the trailers or the trikes @ the marshalling centers.

When the centers get enough adapters, they'll fill one 53' dry van and ship them back to LA.
The centers can send items replaced by 'upgrades' along with them at the same time.

The drivers will either take the trailers to dristribution/drop centers of other brands of vehicles or...
Other drivers from the trucking companies will stop at Elio centers and pick up the empty auto trailers.
Either way, they'll get them wherever they need to go to get a load of other vehicles to deliver somewhere else.

It won't be dedicated Elio route drivers hauling special Elio trailers.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IMHO The marshalling centers in the western states will have them railed in, saving on cost and moving large numbers of E's in a short time. All due to the long distance from factory.
Only after there are sales stores open.
I'm sure they'll explore all possiblilities for the cheapest solutions.
You still have to take the trailers off of the flatbeds and truck them to the centers.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chapsman, you gave me a great visual.
I'm cruising along about a year from now...
When I have to stop and wait for 15 minutes...

As Eight miles of Elios roll past me on railed car haulers.

Heading Northeast to NYC...

And I can't even believe my eyes... because a few of them are yellow.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Chapsman, you gave me a great visual.
I'm cruising along about a year from now...
When I have to stop and wait for 15 minutes...

As Eight miles of Elios roll past me on railed car haulers.

Heading Northeast to NYC...

And I can't even believe my eyes... because a few of them are yellow.
It's at that point in time we all become Elio Amazed!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure they'll explore all possiblilities for the cheapest solutions.
You still have to take the trailers off of the flatbeds and truck them to the centers.
If you recall, it was announced some time back, that EM already has a company signed on that will handle the logistics of shipping and manning the marshalling centers and retail stores. The name of the company I don't recall at this moment, but I'll find it and add it in.
We had a multi-multi page thread about the logistics before that covered the dead heading and ship outs; then when the logistics company was named we discovered that their existing sites match the map that EM has posted for proposed retail stores. I'll go dig and post the link when I find it.

KD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you recall, it was announced some time back, that EM already has a company signed on that will handle the logistics of shipping and manning the marshalling centers and retail stores. The name of the company I don't recall at this moment, but I'll find it and add it in.
We had a multi-multi page thread about the logistics before that covered the dead heading and ship outs; then when the logistics company was named we discovered that their existing sites match the map that EM has posted for proposed retail stores. I'll go dig and post the link when I find it.

In his ROTH presentation, on one of the slides, and I think he mentioned them by name, is a company called Adesa Auctions that sounded like they will take care of transportation and the Marshaling centers.

Top Bottom