• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$1000. Is A Lot Of Money To Me.

Paul Heitzman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
The other thing to keep in mind is that there has been a total of 47 million dollars of investment capital in this venture. Potential buyers have a lot less chance of losing money than an investor. However the investors have a potential for a huge payday too! The more up front buyers, the better the odds that this will not only make production, but enough design work will have been done to make it a high quality product.

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for your post. How is retirement thus far? I only have a few more weeks before I am gone into a completely unknown life. I don't know what it's like not to work. The Elio will bring back some life into me. It's new and exciting and almost anyone can afford one. I never said it was a scam but I also know that "The Big Guys" can derail anything if they feel threatened. Thanks again for taking the time for your post.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes Sfruechte---I have been around a long time. But that Tucker was some car. In 1948, that was the hottest machine one could dream of owning. Had a flat 6 in the rear and 6 tailpipes out of rear , enough to make an 18 year old kid swoon with anticipation of his dad buying one, who said ""too radical, will never catch on"" ! RB

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As for the Tucker debacle , the luggae was $300 in 1948 so today that would be close to $1000 as a down payment so the All In non refundable $1000 deal is really not out of line at all and I for one , will go that route the moment I can sneak that amount past the wifes audit of our credit card statement.

dteke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
What happens after you get a number? Will u be able to reserve a specific color and request an automatic? Will you be guaranteed the original suggested price plus options? I've asked these questions via email but no response.

Paul Heitzman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Another specific failure was the Excelsior Henderson motorcycle. They did make several thousand motorcycles so they are out there, but the company ultimately failed due to over zealous spending on a lavish lifestyle. The investors were the one that lost. The purchasers lost in resale value, but parts are still being made today

Paul Heitzman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Ahh retirement, it's great. I have never been bored, I would like to travel more, but my bride is a stay at home type, so I travel solo or with a motorcycle club. I stay busy helping other with home projects. Think of it as everyday is Saturday, except for Sunday....find a hobby or volunteer, spend more time socializing with friends. They time goes by quickly if you get out of the house, just stay active and work on your health.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've been retired since 2010 and never looked back. It was an easy transition for me because my wife and I moved to a 55+ seniors community as soon as I retired so we have activities all year round. I chose the refundable reservation even though I can afford the $1,000. all in just because a year is just a long time to wait and I expect a lot more changes, mods, specs, etc. including the price before everything is said and done. I would wait until June or July when all the factory equipment are sorted out before making that commitment.

NRB

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Been retired since 1988, and wonder how I had time to work! The Elio will be a ""grandpa"" thing and look forward to hitting the road on my Autocycle before the lights go out! RB

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well like any work of art....nothing can't be rushed! As much as I want mine sooner than later, I would rather wait until all the bugs are sorted out and hear from the first owners their impressions of Elio.

Top Bottom