• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$1000 Shirt

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Bought a $1000 shirt today, no refund, hope there is a new vehicle following it a few months from now.
I will be on here soaking up info with the rest of you. I am wwright from Elizabeth, WV.

Thank you.

Hey wwright, welcome to the family, congrats on the all-in deposit! Buckeye Jake is right, the information that we have on this forum is, Sept 2015 for the start of production. For folks such as yourself, it might take another month or two for the plant to crank out your vehicle.

West Virginia happens to be one of the 5 states that currently will require a driver of the Elio to wear a helmet. From what I remember, WV had a bill going through the state legislature, and I believe it is either stalled or killed. One idea is to start with your local state rep and tell him/her you'd like to see that bill go through, so that you won't have to wear a helmet in an enclosed vehicle with a roll cage, seat belts, and air bags. :D Hope this comes across as in your best interest, not trying to preach, just trying to help!

wwright

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Thank you, when I said a few months I figured it would be late fall next year and I will be contacting my state reps concerning the helmet. Once they are educated on the vehicle I don't think there will be a problem.
Again I thank you, and please do not hesitate to preach:D at me, as my wife will tell you, I could probably use it.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Thank you, when I said a few months I figured it would be late fall next year and I will be contacting my state reps concerning the helmet. Once they are educated on the vehicle I don't think there will be a problem.
Again I thank you, and please do not hesitate to preach:D at me, as my wife will tell you, I could probably use it.

Sounds good, great plan for the state reps. Nah, no preaching needed, you're in good company here. *thumbs up*

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bought a $1000 shirt today, no refund, hope there is a new vehicle following it a few months from now.
I will be on here soaking up info with the rest of you. I am wwright from Elizabeth, WV.

Thank you.
Hi and welcome from Oregon, wwright. It is great having you on board the Elio train bound for production and ownership and the adventure of a life time. See you next year in our 2015 Elios. :-) Z

Top Bottom