• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

12/30/2014 - Elio Tour - A Look Ahead To 2015!

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
TERRIBLE TIMING …

50% of the "hype" for the Elio has been 84 MPG
50% $6800.00

unfortunately it seems the focus at IAF (engine) has been meeting these two parameters ?

REALITY ..gas prices have crashed in the past 6 months and until we see that change THAT is the new REALITY ! You can "predict" they will go back up (as in the past) but until they DO go up, they are down and going more down …:)

WE have never been in THIS exact position before, so none KNOWS what will happen !

NO DISRESPECT INTENDED but MOST people who have put down a "non-refundable" investment are PROBABLY struggling paycheck to paycheck, Yes ??

so if you commute less than 20 miles each way to work, how many years will it take to rationalize spend $10,000. for a new ElioMobile ?

REALITY …there is NO WAY you are going to have a BRAND NEW ELIOMOBILE in your garage for under $10,000. NO WAY !!

Purchase Price
Shipping
Dealer Prep
Insurance
Tax
Title
Registration

IT IS AN EXCITING FUN MAKE-YOU-FEEL-GOOD BIG-BOY TOY !!

WE ALL DESERVE IT !!!!!!

I WANT ONE
I NEED ONE
I GOT TO HAVE ONE !

BRIGHT YELLOW, DARN IT !!!
I want the interior dash

make this an EXCITING NEW TOY

DESIGNED AROUND IPHONE

pair up with APPLE ?

transportation you just drop your iPhone into a cradle and you "one" with the vehicle, the NEW GENERATION would LOVE THIS !

set up financing through ATT (Next Program)

you get a new phone AND a new Elio every 20 months !

sell through Walmart !

OMG this will get me poison darts !

Last edited by a moderator:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is a lot of good news in this short paragraph. This should pretty much put to bed any of the tour cutback rumors which are popular this time of year. Also, many of us following along had expected that as production neared EM would begin attending bigger events where both more people would be exposed to the product and where they could easily garner more media exposure. These events are of course more expensive but as EM nears production spending on marketing will increase anyway.

EM mentioning having an engine available for display soon will of course be important for the tour but also points to movement in the engine development program. What exactly EM means by 'soon' is still TBD as this could be a few weeks or a few months however it is good to see them discussing this.

completely agree .... as I read through the email yesterday, I was struck with what I perceived as a real difference in tone .... most such releases have been a rehash of the same talking points .... this release maintained a positive tone while releasing new info and noting an elevation in direction the tour will be taking .... granted most tour stops will follow their proven format but to me the addition of NASCAR events and major auto shows is great news .... if the engine test weren't going well, I don't see them saying it will be on display

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
T
so if you commute less than 20 miles each way to work, how many years will it take to rationalize spend $10,000. for a new ElioMobile ?
I'm spending about $2k/yr on repairs on a car worth about that. If I hadn't heard about the Elio last year I would have purchased another small car already. The 49/84MPG is simply icing on the cake at this point and even if it ends up getting just 1/2 of that I will will still be doubling my MPG.

satx

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think as Elio starts to present at auto shows, they may want to emphasize performance (handling, fun factor) as well as high mpg.

The dominant, selling point is the ASTONISHING price which will win 100Ks more buyers than the "entertainment" factor.

In this economy that screws the 99%, cheap transportation has priority over entertainment for Ms of workers (and job seekers).

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
completely agree .... as I read through the email yesterday, I was struck with what I perceived as a real difference in tone .... most such releases have been a rehash of the same talking points .... this release maintained a positive tone while releasing new info and noting an elevation in direction the tour will be taking .... granted most tour stops will follow their proven format but to me the addition of NASCAR events and major auto shows is great news .... if the engine test weren't going well, I don't see them saying it will be on display

I agree, this release does mark a change in tone from EM.

This was the first time that I really had the sense that EM was not just marketing for reservations numbers but instead they feel they are turning onto the home stretch leading towards production. In my opinion EM would not have mentioned the engine being ready for display soon as well as commit publicly to major events such as NASCAR races and attending major auto shows unless they truly felt they were on track for production within a year.

The way I look at this is that if EM actually does attend the New York auto show in early April I seriously doubt Elio Motors wants to attend that show two years in a row without having vehicles rolling off the line in Shreveport. Attendance at these major auto shows is a huge calculated risk for EM because while the auto industry media will not really care if the final price/mpg change some, which is normal, they will give EM a very hard time if they dare show up two years in a row without major movement on the production front. Not showing up and not being in production would be even worse as we know some auto industry media types would just love to be able to serve up Elio Motors on a skewer which would not end well for EM.

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I agree, this release does mark a change in tone from EM.

This was the first time that I really had the sense that EM was not just marketing for reservations numbers but instead they feel they are turning onto the home stretch leading towards production. In my opinion EM would not have mentioned the engine being ready for display soon as well as commit publicly to major events such as NASCAR races and attending major auto shows unless they truly felt they were on track for production within a year.

The way I look at this is that if EM actually does attend the New York auto show in early April I seriously doubt Elio Motors wants to attend that show two years in a row without having vehicles rolling off the line in Shreveport. Attendance at these major auto shows is a huge calculated risk for EM because while the auto industry media will not really care if the final price/mpg change some, which is normal, they will give EM a very hard time if they dare show up two years in a row without major movement on the production front. Not showing up and not being in production would be even worse as we know some auto industry media types would just love to be able to serve up Elio Motors on a skewer which would not end well for EM.

analysis makes sense .... the next 90 days should prove to be interesting

Jim

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Automobile vs Motorcycle

I have owned and been driving around for over 20 years in three-wheeled vehicles CLASSIFIED AS MOTORCYCLES ! I have always looked as if this was a "loophole" in "THE SYSTEM" .

one small step where I get to "BEAT" the system !

The "Litespeed" Autocycle was developed so while it had four wheels, only three would ever be touching the ground ! = motorcycle !

yippee !

so is "winning" really "winning" ??

" does not have to meet all the stringent tests and regulations of an automobile ….."what happens when the first accident kills the two occupants in the ElioMobile ?? "

the Lawyers (scum sucking pigs) decide there is an opportunity to make Elio accountable for creating a vehicle which is 99.9999999999% automobile but without (ALL) the Automobile safety features ?
this spells lawsuit !!

I am just trying to look at all corners, hoping there is nothing out there that can stop the production, now that it is SOOO CLOSE to REALITY !

emillio

Top Bottom