• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/18/2015 - Coast To Coast Am - Paul Elio On Nationwide Radio Show Tonight

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting.... who decides what speech has value, or is a waste of time? Other than the individual.
In this case, those who give them the platform have determined what they say has worth.
And they're not wrong. The business model wouldn't work if they were.
The problem is that they're judging that worth on profitability, not merit.

I'm not going to get into if/why that's a problem, but I don't personally think that specific content is "important to the discussion in a democracy". Just like I don't think a topic on which 97% of experts agree deserves to be debated on television by 1 person from each side as if each point of view is equal.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In this case, those who give them the platform have determined what they say has worth.
And they're not wrong. The business model wouldn't work if they were.
The problem is that they're judging that worth on profitability, not merit.

I'm not going to get into if/why that's a problem, but I don't personally think that specific content is "important to the discussion in a democracy". Just like I don't think a topic on which 97% of experts agree deserves to be debated on television by 1 person from each side as if each point of view is equal.
Are you suggesting experts are infallible or unlikely to mislead? How would one know if that were the case?

Charlie G

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Are you suggesting experts are infallible or unlikely to mislead? How would one know if that were the case?
I'm not, but that doesn't mean that if (for example) 99.9% of dentists say "you shouldn't chew glass" that it makes sense to host a show where you have 2 dentists, one from each 'side' of the 'argument' and give them equal time to state their case.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not, but that doesn't mean that if (for example) 99.9% of dentists say "you shouldn't chew glass" that it makes sense to host a show where you have 2 dentists, one from each 'side' of the 'argument' and give them equal time to state their case.
I agree. Though I would not agree when 99.9% of dentists say brushing with toothpaste using microbeads is recommended, which was essentially done when the ADA signed off on Crest's use of them. I don't use toothpaste with beads.

Reaction score
I drove truck and heavy equipment for nearly 20 years. I listened to that program most every night. I loved it. Elio motors is a new and quirky experience and therefor a welcome interview. No sweat for Paul, except he might have lost a few hours of sleep. It was done over the phones. I bet he was sitting in his hotel room in his pj's.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Though I would not agree when 99.9% of dentists say brushing with toothpaste using microbeads is recommended, which was essentially done when the ADA signed off on Crest's use of them. I don't use toothpaste with beads.
And now those beads, that are in lotsa things, are showing up in fish and being labeled an environmental hazard.

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And now those beads, that are in lotsa things, are showing up in fish and being labeled an environmental hazard.
I had a small but deep cut on my hand that became infected. When I reopened the wound to flush out the infection, a little blue bead was flushed out as well and that's why I got rid of my hand soap with little plastic beads!

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
PE is a mad genius. The Coast to Coast thread is blowing up on FB, 5000+ likes, 500 posts (mostly quite positive I might add), 1,300+ shares
1coast.png

Top Bottom