• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2/5/2015 - Ksla News 12 Investigation: Elio Could Face Fines With Further Production Delays

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Thanks for posting those links. I can't help but smile when someone says, "Well folks, It looks like the game is over..." I've seen too many football games. Seen "fans" start to leave during the third quarter....Their loss. At this point in the game, EM's situation is not that "dire".

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Well, the first author, Curt Robins, does not have a lot of credibility since he didn't bother to find out that the ATVM program is through the Department of Energy, not the EPA. When someone writes "Editorial Commentary" they should, at least, take the time to get some of the key facts straight. But then again, consider disgraced NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams.

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, the first author, Curt Robins, does not have a lot of credibility since he didn't bother to find out that the ATVM program is through the Department of Energy, not the EPA. When someone writes "Editorial Commentary" they should, at least, take the time to get some of the key facts straight. But then again, consider disgraced NBC Nightly News anchor Brian Williams.

Ex NBC anchor, and then there's Hillary, another shining example of credibility, but then "what difference does it make"

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have rarely walked out early on a football game. Last one I did, was about 20 years ago. My favorite high school team was getting beat badly at home. With less than 2 mins I left. Well, turns out my team scored 17 points in 1:30 to win a playoff spot. Lesson learned. Never ever give up with time on the clock. Now isn't the time to give up on Elio. Not even close.

Thanks for posting those links. I can't help but smile when someone says, "Well folks, It looks like the game is over..." I've seen too many football games. Seen "fans" start to leave during the third quarter....Their loss. At this point in the game, EM's situation is not that "dire".

ross

Elio Addict
Reaction score
NBC suspended Brian Williams for six months without pay. NBC is tougher than the NFL

ScarecrowRepair

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The ITD spokesperson said that if you buy a vehicle out of state, you have no protection IN IDAHO.

That was not the ITD spokesman, it was a state legislator who has been a car dealer, with a franchise of course, for four decades.

The Idaho Legislature’s only auto dealer, Rep. Kathy Sims, R-Coeur d’Alene, said Elio should work through franchises. “It’s better service for customers,” Sims said. “You have to have dealers.”

Sims, an auto dealer for more than four decades and the owner of a Honda franchise in north Idaho, said the law protects consumers. “If you buy it over the Internet, what happens when it breaks?” she asked.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
because they have no competition, I don't know how much market EM will lose .... with Pep Boys along with others (on a case by case basis), providing warranty service the only time it would be a major inconvenience for folks in Ohio and other such states is the drive out of state to buy the Elio .... after that, unless they just want to go to an Elio dealership, I can't see much of a problem

People are lazy. If you have ever seen someone cruising a parking lot for 10 minutes to avoid a 1 minute walk, you'd know that! Only a dedicated few will drive 200 miles or more to pick up a car and bring it home again. Elio is supposed to be a car for the masses, and traveling any substantial distance to pick up a car is just not something most people will do.

Perhaps Elio can offer a third-party delivery service; but that will only add to the price.

The particular problem with Ohio is that the state legislature just changed the law in June 2014. They allowed Tesla to have 3 locations in the state, but after a fixed date (like June 30, 2014) no other vehicle manufacturers would be permitted to have factory-owned outlets in the state. And yes, under Ohio law, there is no distinction between a motorcycle and a car. They are all motor vehicles to the protectionist jerks in the legislature and state house. That is going to make it much, much harder to get things changed in Ohio.

The only thing that will change it, IMO, is a significant blast from half a million people or so ... and I'm not sure how much energy Elio could generate and channel to get THAT to happen.

In short, Ohio's laws really are a challenge to Elio. The potential market in the state is very large, and losing most of it would be a hefty blow. If Elio starts getting very popular and gas hits $4.00 a gallon or higher, which it will do, probably within a year or so (gotta love that crystal ball), Elio will have much more leverage than they do now. But right now, for Ohio residents, its's gotta be Plan K or Plan S ... neither of which is ideal for mass sales. (For the sleepy ones, K is Kentucky, S is Shreveport).

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People are lazy. If you have ever seen someone cruising a parking lot for 10 minutes to avoid a 1 minute walk, you'd know that! Only a dedicated few will drive 200 miles or more to pick up a car and bring it home again. Elio is supposed to be a car for the masses, and traveling any substantial distance to pick up a car is just not something most people will do.

Perhaps Elio can offer a third-party delivery service; but that will only add to the price.

The particular problem with Ohio is that the state legislature just changed the law in June 2014. They allowed Tesla to have 3 locations in the state, but after a fixed date (like June 30, 2014) no other vehicle manufacturers would be permitted to have factory-owned outlets in the state. And yes, under Ohio law, there is no distinction between a motorcycle and a car. They are all motor vehicles to the protectionist jerks in the legislature and state house. That is going to make it much, much harder to get things changed in Ohio.

The only thing that will change it, IMO, is a significant blast from half a million people or so ... and I'm not sure how much energy Elio could generate and channel to get THAT to happen.

In short, Ohio's laws really are a challenge to Elio. The potential market in the state is very large, and losing most of it would be a hefty blow. If Elio starts getting very popular and gas hits $4.00 a gallon or higher, which it will do, probably within a year or so (gotta love that crystal ball), Elio will have much more leverage than they do now. But right now, for Ohio residents, its's gotta be Plan K or Plan S ... neither of which is ideal for mass sales. (For the sleepy ones, K is Kentucky, S is Shreveport).

Why are Plan K and Plan S the only options?
As I recall there are a few other states surrounding Ohio.

Top Bottom