• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
for those who like races with no yellow flags, the first 2 stages at Atlanta are perfect for you .... Harvick has bee the class of the field and has now lead more total laps at Atlanta than any other active driver .... my girl is still running 17th but now is 1 lap down

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
congrats to the 2 team .... Harvick gave it away on the last pit stop .... my girl finished 17th, on the lead lap... on to Vegas

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
They said speeding at first, and I think it ended up being something else, penalty was the same.
But he did pickup a bucket of points from winning S1 & S2
That is putting a big change into the point system; we'll see what happens come Chase time.

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I love how Fox does more "tec" stuff and explains "What happened".
I wish they would show the MFG "Icons" when they list the numbers/drivers running positions, like they used to. Seems to me it would be easy to add on.
Ford had a very happy day!

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
one of the major reasons given for the new points system is to reward good racing throughout the entire race .... Harvick had the dominate team for all but a hand full of laps .... under the old system he wouldn't have gotten much credit .... I'm starting to like the new system

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They said speeding at first, and I think it ended up being something else, penalty was the same.
But he did pickup a bucket of points from winning S1 & S2
That is putting a big change into the point system; we'll see what happens come Chase time.

in his post race interview Harvick acknowledged he was speeding

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not into NASCAR, I prefer the 2 wheel racing. I have bought a MotoGP pass and a WorldSBK pass this year.

motogp__gp_0539.big.jpg

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not into NASCAR, I prefer the 2 wheel racing. I have bought a MotoGP pass and a WorldSBK pass this year.

View attachment 21389
Me too, don't go to races anymore though. I had a friend who raced, used to go all the time to Sonoma with him and be an insignificant pit member. He laid it down a few times, but never was seriously hurt.
The street racing stuff they do in Europe has to be the most insane racing for all time.

bighammer

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me too, don't go to races anymore though. I had a friend who raced, used to go all the time to Sonoma with him and be an insignificant pit member. He laid it down a few times, but never was seriously hurt.
The street racing stuff they do in Europe has to be the most insane racing for all time.

I've only been to the MotoGP races at Indy a couple times. I've got some friends who race, and they are always urging me to do a track day. It sounds like a lot of fun and a great educational experience, but I would guess I'd find any excuse to spend a weekend at the track from then on.

In my opinion, Isle of Man Time Trial would be the ultimate race experience.

Top Bottom