• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Nascar Season Thread

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The NASCAR "team contracts" are pretty much a "concrete" type and I imagine if they didn't get the latest updated equipment, there would be a big "LAWSUIT".

(My opinion)

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
race at Atlanta underway .... Robin Meade's rendition of the National Anthem was terrible .... someone needs to tell her that the Star Spangled Banner isn't about the singer and it should be performed as written ..:mad:.. the track is really chewing up the tires .... I can see significant tire issues influencing the outcome of the race

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Most boring race I've seen at this track; 110 laps in, no cautions, only 18 cars on the lead lap (soon to be less).
Track used to be called Fast-lanta, not so much anymore; I would say speeds are down 10 to 15mph.
Still the same difference with tires; new they fly, 8 laps later not so much, by the end of the run, almost 20mph slower than when they were new.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just set a new record of 192 laps without a caution .... the way the tires look when they take them off of the cars, that's really hard to believe

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
WOW .... not much of a race but one heck of a finish .... Chad is one heck of a crew chief .... the 4 was the class of the field but the 48 was tough when it counted .... how the 88 got by the 18 to finish second still remains a mystery .... nice to see Johnson tie Sr at 76 wins

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
18 was ahead of 18 at first scoring loop when they threw the yellow, 18 got past him after; that's why you saw shrub looking like he was in 2nd, it was after the yellow.

Top Bottom