• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Solar Eclipse

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering here (without looking it up first). It's possible the moon will be closer then. I know it is closer sometimes than others but haven't heard that it'll be closer for the next eclipse.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just wondering here (without looking it up first). It's possible the moon will be closer then. I know it is closer sometimes than others but haven't heard that it'll be closer for the next eclipse.

Good question! I was thinking that it might have to do with the time of year. The tilt of the earth making the sun lower in the southern sky might create more of an elongated shadow that it did this time. Just guessing.

electroken

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The distance between the Earth and moon varies quite a bit. Shamelessly stolen from Wikipedia:

Lunar_perigee_apogee.png

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I saw the eclipse from the city of John Day in Oregon. Very impressive.
In Oregon, it is illegal to pump your own gas. A station attendant must do it. I saw help wanted signs at two gas stations.
It does provide jobs for people, thought I would prefer to pump my own gas.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the eclipse from the city of John Day in Oregon. Very impressive.
In Oregon, it is illegal to pump your own gas. A station attendant must do it. I saw help wanted signs at two gas stations.
It does provide jobs for people, thought I would prefer to pump my own gas.
If you're on a bike, they will usually hand you the nozzle and let you pump your own; they learned that bikers don't like it done wrong.
Or if you have a really expensive car they will usually ask if you want them to pump the gas. They don't get mad at bikers, they learned it's not in their best interest.

Top Bottom