• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2018 Nascar Season Thread

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Charlotte has had an infield road course for many years. It has changes here and there but most people didn't know it had one. Case in point, I went to this Charlotte Roval back in 1985.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1 lap = 2.28 miles

109 laps = 248.52 mile race

2 different leaders, 1 lead change by the end of stage 1

8 different leaders, 10 lead changes during the entire race (most in the last few laps)

2 lead changes by racing

hate it for the 78 & 48 .... all but the last 10 or so laps were a sleeper

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Poor Jimmy, he was pissed at himself, he screwed up bad.
Even with a 2nd place finish, he would have been in, but he got in a hurry, and blew it.
He knows he has no one to blame except himself.
Sorry to see him lose, and next year, no Lowes for sponsorship.
Time for him to retire.
He's won 7 championships, and I know he would love to have that 8th one, but, it appears not to be in the cards.

He is a legend, and he wants more, but I think it's time to give it up. Sorry to say.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
there have been others at various levels of NASCAR ..... the first I remember at the cup level was in the 1976 World 600 .... Janet Guthrie finished 15th (ahead of the 3 car) .... she was the first woman to compete in a NASCAR Winston Cup superspeedway race .... Danica made it marketable .... if her driving skill had of matched her marketing skills, she'd still be in the sport .... sooner or later there will be a female driver who can

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
absolutely, if any of them has a sponsor strong enough to fund a truck, cup, or Xfinity team ... I think the same would be true for a male from drag racing .... without bringing a sponsor, I doubt that anyone with only drag racing experience would be given serious consideration without oval or road course experience

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
IIRR Guthrie made her fame in Drag Racing. Does that mean sooner or later we will maybe see the "Force" girls switch over to NASCAR?
Guthrie was never a drag racer, she raced Indy cars and other road race cars (like SCCA and USAC) before she went to NASCAR.
Better go check the memory banks.

Top Bottom