1. Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. Hate the new look? Click Here to learn how to go back to the old one!

2018 Nascar Season Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JEBar, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Coss

Coss Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nope, Petty was going on a hand sake deal, and today, Smithfield pull out.
    The king is pissed, he compared it to his deal with STP; for years it was a shake, and they were good.
    Smithfield said all year, they were good, and then today, pulled out, and did a written deal with Steward-Haas.
    Old time racing is dead, Richard, time to move on.

2. JEBar

JEBar Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Leavine Family Racing announced Tuesday that 18-time Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series winner Kasey Kahne is coming aboard as the organization’s new driver beginning next season.

It will be the fifth organization for Kahne, the 2004 Rookie of the Year. His current team, Hendrick Motorsports, revealed last month that Kahne would not return in 2018.

“I feel like (Leavine has) really made a lot of gains in the past couple years,” Kahne told NASCAR.com of his new team. “It’s pretty cool to watch, any time you see a small team do what they’ve done in our sport.

“The opportunity will be a challenge, but also a lot of fun. I enjoy a challenge and I enjoy working with people. The best part about it is us all being a team and trying to improve every single weekend and learning from what we do one week and improving the next. I think that’s something we’ll be able to do. And I’m really excited about it.”

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-will-drive-leavine-family-racing-no-95-2018/

3. Elf

Elf Elio Addict

Smithfield is owned by the Chinese so a handshake isn't worth a lot .