• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Redesign

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
in no way is it similar to an Elio :confused: but it sounds like a the 2019 Silverado is undergoing a major redesign .... we won't be in the market for another truck until 2021 so they will have a couple of years to work out any bugs that may be surface

In 2018, its main weapon in the fight is an all-new Silverado coming later on in the year. With a dizzying array of new features and engine options, it’s quite a weapon. Here’s everything you need to know about the 2019 Silverado’s full redesign ===> https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobi...ing-you-need-to-know-about-the-redesign.html/

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You notice they call it a 2.7 turbo rather then a 4cyl turbo, that's not a pickup, that's a big car.
They said the Chevy 4cyl turbo performs great, until you put a load in it, then it grunts to keep pace at normal speeds.
A 4cyl in a full size PU is just wrong, I don't care what they say.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
a 2.7 in a full size pickup qualifies for what we call a Yuppie Truck .... I have a 5.3 (basically the old 327) in our current truck .... depending on its real world performance over the next couple of years, I may well go with their 6.2 in my next one

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I had an '02 3500 with a Duramax diesel, it was a fine motor in a fine truck .... the 6.2 I'm considering for a 1500 is gasoline fed .... from what I've been told, its anticipated mileage is within a couple of mpg's of our current 5.3

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I understand that they have expanded the engine program to reduce the number of cylinders firing from 8 all the way to 2 .... our current one will drop from 8 to 4 depending on power demand .... it works smoothly .... with this change I wouldn't want one for the first couple of years .... my experience with diesels has shown that they have a better resale value, their pulling power is outstanding and fuel mileage is better than with gasoline .... on the flip side, they cost much more, their fuel is more expensive, as is having them serviced .... finding someone capable of working on them can be a challenge .... while we do tow and haul with our pickups, most of the time they just provide personal transportation

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Diesel cost more there? Really, it's still cheaper here, so that looks like a change based on location. Hmm diesel is more expensive there, interesting.
Finding someone to work on them is not a problem around here, there is a glut of diesel mechanics on this side of the Rockies; here's another one to look into but I don't think it's any problem here, there are diesels in a lot of trucks, cars, boats and heavy equipment.
Hell a lot of places beg for work for diesels, they have the mechanics for it.

Critter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I chose a 2016 silverado 2500 with the 6.0 gas. 50,000 + miles and really like the truck. Tow my camper, lowboy float, etc. only complaint is I do not like the program for cruise control when towing. So when towing I do not use it. When the warranty is gone i will reprogram that process.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
here is a pretty decent link that shows fuel and gasoline prices across the country ===> https://pilotflyingj.com/fuel-prices/ .... in our part of the country, between factory and independent big rig diesel repair shops and mechanics aren't too hard to find .... automotive diesel mechanics are almost exclusively at factor dealerships

Top Bottom