• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2019 Chevrolet Silverado Redesign

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it won't come as a surprise to most of the folks on this forum that I'm about as old school as I can get .... 6.7 L means little to nothing to me .... consequently, I had to translate them into something I can understand

Chevy

5.3 L = 323 cubic inches ... 355 horsepower and 383 foot-pounds of torque

5.8 L = 354 cubic inches ...

6.2 L = 378 cubic inches ... 420 horsepower and 460 foot-pounds of torque

Ford 6.8 liter (V10) = 415 cubic inches .... 362 horsepower and 457 foot-lbs. of torque

5.3 & 6.2 L numbers from this link ===> https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/chevrolet/silverado-1500/performance

Ford numbers from this link ===> https://www.reference.com/vehicles/specifications-ford-v10-engine-565ac1d3d15e1df4

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You left off the V6 their base motor which will work fine for the majority of the Large car/Truck that most people use it for.
How many trucks are being used as a "real" truck?
Not many, most people have them to just show off, and don't use them like a real truck.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hoovie must be a lurker on the forums, he just posted a video on the GMC Sierra Denali today! It is a lot of money for a truck, but it is a REALLY pretty truck :D

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You left off the V6 their base motor which will work fine for the majority of the Large car/Truck that most people use it for.
How many trucks are being used as a "real" truck?
Not many, most people have them to just show off, and don't use them like a real truck.

for several years now, Ford has been selling bunches of V6 EcoBoost equipped F150's .... personally, I've never been a fan of them but have several friends who are delighted with their trucks

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
for several years now, Ford has been selling bunches of V6 EcoBoost equipped F150's .... personally, I've never been a fan of them but have several friends who are delighted with their trucks
And how do they use their trucks? Like a truck? Or like big cars?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
before retiring from RV sales, I saw some towing campers that clearly indicated they can back up their ratings .... early on I was very skeptical but quickly came to the conclusion that their power was for real .... at that point I moved to questioning longevity .... retired before I could come to a conclusion on that point

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I've haven't heard of any problems with them, like the "early" days and turbo's (remember when they would self destruct at an early age?)
But apparently they have finally figured out how to oil them so they don't fry.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
And how do they use their trucks? Like a truck? Or like big cars?
The guy down the street from me has a 2015 with the 3.5l V6TT in it. He owns a paving company and that truck has an equipment trailer hooked up behind it almost all of the time and it has a big rack in the bed holding various other items. Then he does dirt track racing and has a big box trailer he hauls behind it. I'll ask him this weekend if he likes it and his thoughts on the truck but I do know that he uses it just like what Ford imagined.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, let us know what he says
Here's what i found out. The 2015 has 140K on it. The only major problem has been the rear axle seals leaking after a year and Ford warrantied it. Other than that, it's been the required maintenance at the dealer. I didn't realize that he has a 2018 with 35K on it and it's equipped the same and the same color (both are done up in his company logos). Seems that his business is good enough that his project manager drives the 2015 and he now drives the 2018.

I asked him about various trucks he's had and he has had Chevys and Fords. He hated the 2000 Ford truck he had because it was riddled with problems. The 2010 Chevy kept breaking exhaust manifold studs. It really sounded bad driving up to a customer with a truck sounding like that. He was going to buy a 2015 Chevy but decided to give the Ford a shot. So far, he's happy and so happy he bought another one.

What is interesting is he does use them like a truck but won't buy the over the top ones because they are too expensive. Only thing he upgraded on was the motor and that was the 3.5l. Other than that, it's the cheapest he can get with 4wd and a factory hitch. Other than that, they are bone stock.

People like him are the ones the big 3 really make trucks for but they also have to make the fluff trucks that are a shrine for many. Never haul anything and they are super clean.

One other point he made. He won't buy a diesel because he wants something that will always start. I can understand.

Top Bottom