• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2024 Chevy Blazer RS

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we are back home from spending 4 days down east with our Blazer parked on a lot literally on the beach .... the thought of it being exposed to salt impregnated moist air pushes my paranoia to where running it through a car wash is a necessity .... fortunately we have really good brushless car wash that does an excellent job of pressure washing the entire bottom, along with in the tire fender wells .... it has 5 levels of wash cycles that include various types of washes and paint coatings .... the next to cheapest cycle does all we need and she really looks good

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
.. first time using adaptive cruise control, for me the jury is still out .

I would tear it out of my car in an instant if I could.

I get on a freeway and within seconds go to cruise, have been doing that for decades, but this rubbish is not only annoying, it's dangerous.

It senses a car too far away and starts to back off, and if you change into the fast lane with others bearing down on you in that lane, it takes far too long to respond that the road ahead is clear and to speed up.

Oh and then there's the associated 'Phantom Braking', driving down the road and for no reason at all, the car slams on the brakes, Google that ...

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
thankfully, ours has the option of using the old regular cruise or the new adaptive .... I'm still messing with the adaptive but am far from sold on it

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thankfully, ours has the option of using the old regular cruise or the new adaptive .... I'm still messing with the adaptive but am far from sold on it

Because my car was one of the first off the factory floor (and 25% discount because of that), the car was closely monitored and I was in contact often with a technical engineer, and I complained about it to him and asked that they do an option for regular cruise in a software update, to no avail so I rarely use it now.

Many issues with the car, most could be sorted with software updates, but they remind me of Apple, i.e. we will tell you what software updates you will use (and is why I don't own Apple products).

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Because my car was one of the first off the factory floor (and 25% discount because of that),
our 2024 Blazer is one of the first '24's .... while there certainly can be I don't know of any difference in the it and the '23 model .... we've put around 1,500 miles on it so far and am happy to be able to say, no issues so far .... I have found a couple of options that I now wish I had of ordered but nothing major

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
our Blazer now has just over 2,700 miles showing on the odometer .... we (3 adults, 1 child plus considerably more luggage than needed) just got home from a 500+ mile Thanksgiving round trip from home to in central NC to Asheville, NC .... that drive took us from NC's rolling Piedmont to an altitude of 2,200 ft .... the vast majority of the drive was on i-40 where the maximum speed limit from 65 to 70 mph .... for all practical purposes we used the adaptive cruise control set at 5 mph over the limit .... on the trip from home to the mountains she got 25.1 mpg .... on the drive back down we got 26.4 mpg .... those numbers were hand figured .... the onboard mileage figures appear to run within a half of a mpg .... the Blazer has the same motor and transmission that was in our 2016 Camaro .... making the same drive several times with 2 adults and luggage we averagec 29 - 30 mpg .... I suspect that aerodynamics accounted for a good bit of the difference .... all-in-all, we are pleased with the Blazer's performance

Top Bottom