• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2024 Chevy Blazer RS

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've learned that it most certainly takes time and expertise .... the fellow worked on our Blazer for something over 2 days and the results are easy to see .... in addition to working on the outside he also treated the dash, door interiors, seats and console ..... when he saw the child safety seat he gave that entire area a double coat .... I freely admit that when I first heard the price of coating our Blazer I was skeptical and a bit hesitant ..... after speaking with a fellow I've known for decades who works at the dealership and had his new vehicle done a few months ago, we decided to bite the bullet and have it done ..... now, we are happy we had it done .... if/when we buy another vehicle, most likely a BEX, we will not hesitate to have it done

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we took possession of Maureen's Blazer on 9-9-23 with 6 miles showing on the odometer .... about an hour ago she turned over 500 miles while we were driving home from a Seafood Restaurant located about 20 miles from our house .... so far she's been driven totally in compliance with GM's break-in procedures .... I am scheduled to have some kidney stones pulverized this coming Thursday .... if I am up to it, the following day, we plan to make a day trip down to the South Port, NC which is on the Atlantic coast .... we are looking forward to going to one of our favorite Seafood restaurants in that part of the country and to looking forward to visiting 3 different campgrounds .... round trip that will be just over 300 miles with 250+ being on I-40 .... looking forward to giving the "adaptive cruise control" a try .... if I'm not up to it, we plan to make the drive on Wednesday of next week

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
it has the same 3.8 L engine that came in our former 2016 Camaro RS .... round town it consistently got mid to upper 20's .... we keep close records on our vehicles and will post results from time to time

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
first mini-trip .... just over 50 miles round trip, about 20 over a decent 2 lane state road and 30 some miles on I-40 .... first time using adaptive cruise control, for me the jury is still out .... it worked as advertised but I found it to be a bit spooky .... ran instantaneous MPG screen most of the way .... mileages shown were impressive .... the Blazer's ride, handling, and very quiet noise level were most impressive .... one of the reasons we purchased it was to meet our need for a year round vehicle to make an emergency trip from our home in NC out to Maureen's home area of SD .... for us this is a trip we've had to make several times over the years and with all of us growing older, its bound to happen again .... IF/When the need should arise again, I have no doubt that the Blazer will prove to be an excellent vehicle for us to drive

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I would like to know the indcated MPG (gauge) vs the actual MPG (fill up).
Thank you. Enjoy the new toy.
understood .... the indicated MPG and actual MPG on our 2005 Trailblazer have always been very close .... not so for those numbers with our 2011 Silverado .... we keep a log in/on our vehicles in which we keep track of most everything spent on them .... we hand figure every filling and keep a record of where the filling took place .... it will be interesting to us to see how the Blazer's actual and indicated numbers stack up

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
she has 300 and some miles since we last filled it and the indicated mileage is 23.9 ... outside of the 50 some miles today that has all been short distance, around town driving .... I hope she will do some better than that once she settles in

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we now have just under 700 miles on our Blazer .... used the Adaptive Cruise Control today for the first time .... in some ways its a bit spooky but info provided from folks here is making the adjustment much easier .... still too early to come up with an average MPG but do feel pretty confident that it will be 20+

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
just returned home from taking our Blazer in for a planned followup session with the fellow who ceramic coated it for us .... as noted this was planned from the beginning so as to give him a chance to make sure everything is as it should be .... he worked on her for just under 3 hours .... I didn't think it was possible for it to look any better than it did when we picked it up the first time but I was wrong .... the pictures below really don't come close to how she looks in person .... the paint appears to have a depth that the pictures can't capture ..... we have to take it back once more for the last scheduled treatment .... that will be the application of a specially tough wax type of coating that will help the high gloss black paint to stand up the sun's exposure and to the interior as well .... he had a back Corvette there that he's working on and its finish was incredible .... these return visits were all in the original plan and are included in the price .... I've found watching all of this to be fascinating

Attachments

• 231008 001 after second treatment  002.jpg
    231008 001 after second treatment 002.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 48
  • 231008 001 after second treatment  004.jpg
    231008 001 after second treatment 004.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 231008 001 after second treatment  005.jpg
    231008 001 after second treatment 005.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 231008 001 after second treatment  006.jpg
    231008 001 after second treatment 006.jpg