• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2024 Chevy Blazer RS

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So about 12 kw per day for normal commute. Here that would run $3.24 per day. Roughly a gallon of gas. So I use about twice that in gas (50 mile commute). I do have a bank of 2000w of solar panels, but no way they could put out 12kw in a day. Maybe 8kw on a good day. But of course I cannot charge during the day, and my battery bank is only 4200 watts, so charging at night is out. I know many people who charge their Teslas with solar, but they have pretty big systems, 8-12kw in panels, but most have no battery storage for that kind of charging overnight.
As for used batteries, the solar market buys them up as they still have plenty of use in them due to the slow discharge rate. Not enough amps to get a car moving, but plenty to run appliances.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
there have been some really good post in this thread with info about electric vehicles ..... the problem is, this thread isn't about electric vehicles so the info will be pretty difficult to find by folks who may need it .... please, refrain from more such post and make them in threads dedicated to electric vehicles

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
applying the ceramic coating to Maureen's Blazer has experienced a minor delay, at our request ..... due to an outing with our camping club, we will not be available to pick it up until Monday at the earliest ....

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am amazed that with these ceramic coatings, how the gloss is so much better than it was when you had to put a few coats of wax on. On my other cars, I did a DIY ceramic coating and even discovered it works on the plastic trim too. Not like the old days where if you waxed a car and got it on the plastic, it took like a toothbrush and elbow grease to get those white streaks off. Also, with it on the plastic trim, no need for things like armor all.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a neighbor with a black Chevy Truck. Black is really hard to get to look good but he did that coating when it was new and after three years, it looks great. Plus it's parked outside all of the time.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we hope to get our Blazer back later today
after speaking with the fellow working on our Blazer about making a couple of changes and he graciously agreed .... we now anticipate getting it back tomorrow afternoon

I have a neighbor with a black Chevy Truck. Black is really hard to get to look good but he did that coating when it was new and after three years, it looks great. Plus it's parked outside all of the time.
for me, a shiny high gloss black vehicle is beautiful .... I've owned one and simply wasn't willing to put in the time and effort required to keep it shining .... I can't help but believe that a good ceramic coating can really help with that .... our vehicles all are parked outside and are exposed to the elements 24/7/365

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
guess we should expect nothing less ..!!!.. our Blazer is supposed to be ready for pickup this afternoon at 2PM .... we've had a nice string of really good weather days which is forecasted to be replaced by at least 3 rainy days starting tomorrow afternoon ..????

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we have Maureen's Blazer and the result of having it ceramic coated is mind blowing .... I've tried taking pictures and they simply don't do it justice .... I was a bit surprised to see it come with Michelin tires .... I prefer 18" rims but the 20's shown do have a decent sidewall and ride smoothly .... we had some running around to do this morning before the rain sets in ..... during our drive we stopped at a local RV Dealership and looked at some 5th wheels and small Class A motorhomes .... haven't looked at new RV's in over 10 years .... while much has changed, much hasn't

Attachments

• 230921 001 ceramic coat 003a.jpg
    230921 001 ceramic coat 003a.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 43
  • 230921 001 ceramic coat 002.jpg
    230921 001 ceramic coat 002.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 55
  • 230921 002 tires 001.jpg
    230921 002 tires 001.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 230921 002 tires 002.jpg
    230921 002 tires 002.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 51

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
well, its no longer a nameless storm .... as this is being typed Tropical Storm Ophelia is approximately 256 mi from our place .... its rain is expected to move in about an hour and a half from now .... beginning within the next hour there is a 55% chance we will get 1- 2" of rain with the probability of 4" or so falling down toward the coast .... steady winds 20+ mph and tropical-storm-force gusts of 40-60 mph will impact areas of eastern North Carolina

Top Bottom