• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2024 Chevy Blazer RS

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
comments from folks experienced in driving a vehicle that the engine stops each time it comes to a stop and then automatically cranks when you put the gas pedal ..?.. I'm not sure if I'm happy with that or not

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
comments from folks experienced in driving a vehicle that the engine stops each time it comes to a stop and then automatically cranks when you put the gas pedal ..?.. I'm not sure if I'm happy with that or not
I have a vehicle that does this. My standard start procedure is to punch Start, Start/Stop override, and Parking brake release. Easy habit to form.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a vehicle that does this. My standard start procedure is to punch Start, Start/Stop override, and Parking brake release. Easy habit to form.
suggestion appreciated .... I do know the Blazer we have on order is equipped with and Override button

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
info much appreciated .... did it take you long to get used to having it take changes in your speed ..?
No not really. But, I was already used to simple cruise controls before. And that old system did not have a radar that reacts to a car ahead.

You just have to get used to keeping aware when it is on or off, and at what speed it is currently set to. Anytime you tap the brakes, it cuts off and then you are dummly coasting. And that is a problem if you expect it will stop for the car ahead. So you aways must ride-shotgun on it, i.e. keep aware and ready.

It also does not anticipate what a human can predict about traffic flows up ahead. You can see up the street, but it only tracks the first car(s) the radar(or image parser) sees. And we can predict driver behaviors up ahead (when we try), and based on road changes coming up, and it doesnt see that far or even try and guess at it all. So it will not take chances that you might. It also accelerates slower than you would. But it is simple enough to override by pressing on the gas, and that doesn't kick it off cruise. So, of course, it doesn't stop for stop signs or stop lights.

Interestingly, it does not just look at the speed of the car ahead, it also looks at speed relative to your own.

Oddly, with cruise on or not on, my system sees road speed signs, and posts that on the dash, just as I pass it. So if I miss seeing one, it's there on the dash. It would be nice if cruise would take that speed sign into account, but it doesn't in my system.
Similarly, my system does beep at me if I get too dangerously close to cars and other verticle objects moving or not.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A short learning curve. You are going to like it.
great to hear .... during the period after totaling her Camaro, my wife was spooked .... we test drove several vehicles and the first she felt secure in was a Blazer .... that could have been largely, as noted, its dash is patterned after a Camaro .... when we were spec'n it out she wanted every safety feature they offered .... during the test drives we didn't have an opportunity to use the cruise or most of the other technology

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
the camera angles are really something .... one gives the impression a camera is suspended from a sky hook and shows a 360 degree view of whatever is surrounding the vehicle

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
we certainly hope that it will be a solid vehicle that lives up to its hype .... its pretty much the norm for us to keep our vehicles for 20+/- years

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am looking at a Trax, at least it doesn't have a CVT transmission but a regular 6 speed automatic.

I hired a Trax for a week last time in Australia, I am not joking when I say I took it back after just 2 hours and got another car.

It had a turbo 1.4 engine and 6 speed auto, and it drove me crazy constantly changing up and down, constantly searching for the ideal gear to keep the turbo spooled up on the little engine. Never driven anything like it before or since, thank goodness.

Top Bottom