• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

24/7 Wallstreet - Elio Sales Of $6800 Car Slow

JDub

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A not so good article of our Elio. Not sure how to link this. Found it this morning on Yahoo. Written by Douglas A. McIntyre who doesn't seem to have much faith.

wayne kemp

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Simple, ask the writer if they would put a deposit down on a BIG MACK a year in advance? And we all know the BM is here to stay.
I'm sure some Oil Co. of big auto company had their hands in the article.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I seen this this morning and was going to post if nobody else did. This article don't make much sense as the car isn't available for sale. How can sales be slow?

I don't think Mr. McIntyre had anything to write about and needed to fill up a column. Also he put guesses on why it may be 'slow' and didn't even include all the reservation options. Also, since its reservations only, what is he comparing this slowness too? To say something is fast or slow, you need a reference to the norm. He didn't provide that.

All in all, a poorly written article. It did introduce me to a new site with a cool URL. Will have to check it out from time to time for investment information. Hopefully they have some better writers.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That posting was a time filler he had to do something. Zero effort was spent on it. While I may have some questions about EM business model and harbor some doubt as to if we will ever see a ELIO produce for sale That post has nothing to do with it. It also will not stop me from going all in for 1000 on another one when I see real movement towards production.
In EM defense as a privately held company there is far less public information to draw on.
If this were a public company we would have a lot more insight as to what is happening.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
exactly. The smart car had a reservation program. I know, as I reserved one and later requested my money back as it was refundable. Now, if he gave us the number of reservations smart had and compared it to the reservations of Elio, then would be understandable. But to compare sales to reservations or in this case to nothing is silly. Didn't take any time to do any research and made a fact-less claim.

Top Bottom