• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

24/7 Wallstreet - Elio Sales Of $6800 Car Slow

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
And how many people have heard of the Elio? Not many. Which is why they are going from city to city to show it off.

Do people have no concept of what marketing is? o_O

LOL, well they do, but what they have no concept of, is marketing a product that is not available at this time. Movies? That's ok. A vehicle, that is ground-breaking, and has been marketed for years, and I can't buy one from a store for 2 more years? They don't get that, at all. It's understandable. Society today is such a "I deserve it and want it now" society. :)

Last edited:

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Let just take a breath people, the change in rate since the previous listing is too small a sampling over too short a period of time to be statistically valid. It is almost like comparing the commitments on Monday with those of Tuesday and saying it is a trend. Am I surprised by a dip not at all. I said here once before, that a slowing was to be expected after to bonus rate was reduced. Elio would not have reduced the bonus rate unless they were perfectly willing to see the pace on commitments decline. These people are quite bright, just relax.

This is sort of like the issue with the loan. You know they have had a meeting, where it was said, what if we don't get the loan. What should we do? There is a plan, telling us about it would be bad business.

When my car is built they will call me and I will drive it. Smiling!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
exactly. The smart car had a reservation program. I know, as I reserved one and later requested my money back as it was refundable. Now, if he gave us the number of reservations smart had and compared it to the reservations of Elio, then would be understandable. But to compare sales to reservations or in this case to nothing is silly. Didn't take any time to do any research and made a fact-less claim.

Well said, BaldGuy!
His purpose for this "information challenged" article, is to draw people in and get us to then "click" on the links below. It worked on me.

Mr Deleon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

Mr Deleon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
A not so good article of our Elio. Not sure how to link this. Found it this morning on Yahoo. Written by Douglas A. McIntyre who doesn't seem to have much faith.
That article was very poorly written. It seem like someone must have asked him to write an article quickly about a subject he new little to nothing about. Most of the "article" was simply quoting the Elio website. Not must substance to it. I have seen better "articles" written on this website from people who have put some actual thought into it.

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Articles written like that do more damage than good they instill doubt where it is not justified. I find many people to be lazy. I find many people i observe bvuy things usually with little on no research before making the purchase. I'm a skeptical person by nature. Before buying any big ticket item i like to research it as much as possible. I learned about the Elio in early August of 2014. Then researched it as much as i thought reasonable. It did not have any of the warning signs I have come to watch out for. It has been out there in front of the public and has a proven track record of consistent and reasonable steps to bring it to where it is now. I decided that i wanted an Elio so went all-in at the $1K level on August 20th of this year/2014. No regrets in doing so. I only wish I had known about the Elio sooner. but then by not knowing and going in sooner, I have saved myself the anxiety of the wait we are all enduring. But lucky for me i was able to go all in before the 50% match ended. I'm happy. My engineering background says things are happening properly. My life experience tells me that the delays are to be expected. My common sense says that their are likely to be more delays. But then I knew all this when i went all-in. I'm not deterred in any way. I hate waiting as much as anyone. I know that the longer it takes the more likely that what i receive is even better thought out and of better quality. My only hope is that my 91 year old father is still around to see my Elio when I have it. He would appreciate it.

Charles Stanley

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Protias said it. While it might be easy to assume that most people know about the Elio, my experiences in the last few weeks say that they don't. I frequent a local Waffle House in the mornings. A few of the people I take to have heard of the Elio but know very little about it. A few immediately assume it is an electric car. Most either have not heard of it, or know nearly nothing about it. Many of the guys i talk to are in their 60's. They have that skeptical attitude that is common with those that have seen much in life. A few are interested, but are to afraid that Elio will fail to get involved. Several have said, I hope it works out. If it does I may buy one. To me this is more insulting than listening to the guys that say it is a scam. It is sad. As I've said before many times. This country and world would not be where they are today if a few rare individuals had not seen something visionary and decided to make it happen. They did not ask others if they could make it happen, they just went about doing it. If the Wright brothers had listened to the people that called them cooks and dreamers we might not be flying on the jets we have today.

Top Bottom