• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

297,526 Miles .... Rip 2005 Pontiac Sunfire 2.2l Ecotec

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Car died last night. Delivers Fuel but no spark. Pretty sure its the timing chain or ignition relay but at that mileage how many more miles are truly left...

I'm sad to see it go but I DEFINITELY got my $6200 worth out of Deer Magnet.

Going to haul it off for scrap metal.

Thanks for everyone's advice on how to keep it going as long as I did. Forever appreciated.

Don't forget to unplug it, wait one minute, and plug it back in. It may reboot. This is my final instruction for my life support system. Unplug me, wait one minute and plug me back in. I may reboot.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I want it documented, I am an idiot.

I slid under the car the other night and tapped the gas tank. Man it sure sounded empty. So i thought yesterday ya know whats 5 bucks of gas to toss in it just for S&G ;). So threw in some gas turn the key over and .... IT'S ALIVE !!!!!

Glad I held off getting rid of it. Now I'm going to get it ready for storage for the winter and start working on it in the spring.

Thanks all... :)

xtspode

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I slid under the car the other night and tapped the gas tank. Man it sure sounded empty. So i thought yesterday ya know whats 5 bucks of gas to toss in it just for S&G ;). So threw in some gas turn the key over and .... IT'S ALIVE !!!!!

Glad I held off getting rid of it. Now I'm going to get it ready for storage for the winter and start working on it in the spring.

You don't sound like an idiot. It is easy to miss things, but a little thoughtful reflection and checking everything is genius. The Sunfire will have 300k on it before you know it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

You missed one of the 3 basics? :nono: (3 basics, gas, battery, oil)

That's ok, I don't remember anyone asking you if it had gas :doh: (DUH!!!)

But since you did run it dry, you might want to change the fuel filter, or if it's going to storage, put it on your To Do List for spring.
And don't forget to drop some STA-BIL in the tank.

http://autorepair.about.com/od/glossary/fl/Use-a-Fuel-Stabilizer-for-Winter-Car-Storage.htm

Top Bottom