• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Could this be the production version of the Elio? Note the smaller front intake. There also appears to be a slight raise in the rear section of the roof. Pause between 1:44-1:48.

Well it's an interesting image. I guess everyone can take a look and decide what they think. :D

elio video screen grab.jpg

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
elio video screen grab.jpg
P3.jpg
P4.jpg

Fixed it for ya'. This may be a progress design study either before or after P4. Did they change the door location to curbside?? All I did was stretch this lengthwise to get the proportion like the P4. The cabin looks taller here, I did not mess with that dimension. The Elio just gets better 'n better. Smaller nose intake, taller cabin, more refined lines. Rear wheel cover is body color. Recess at the front hood trailing edge for the wiper. Narrowed B pillar. Teaser rear spoiler.

I think its more like the P4.

Last edited:

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I have established a Facebook page to encourage the development and sharing of 3D printable Elio Motors design concepts. The page content is public and can be viewed without logging into Facebook as well.

I will also be updating the page with the progress I am making towards finalizing the model I can print for others who do not have access to a 3D printer.

https://www.facebook.com/elio3dprinting

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Could this be the production version of the Elio? Note the smaller front intake. There also appears to be a slight raise in the rear section of the roof. Pause between 1:44-1:48.

That's nice! Hey, did you notice the very next shot ( 1:50-1:54) looks like it may be the dashboard, and surrounding trim pieces. The dash looks like it will fit the Elgin gauge cluster.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have established a Facebook page to encourage the development and sharing of 3D printable Elio Motors design concepts. The page content is public and can be viewed without logging into Facebook as well.

I will also be updating the page with the progress I am making towards finalizing the model I can print for others who do not have access to a 3D printer.

https://www.facebook.com/elio3dprinting

I have some interesting upfront new from Saturday when I asked my 'list'. Jerome's wife Pam? (I'm horrid about names) said that their engineer's get board so they've been spending some effort designing Elio2 for the model after year one. Well not totally clear if model2 is next year's only, or they will have a two model offering. I suspect we'll just have to wait to see. I even got to meet the VP of Gov Affairs. He even remembered better that me, a communication we'd had. Got signatures from all three. And hugs from the Vassallo's.

Jerome says he liked the green striped racer, but I did ask. Never hurts to be nice!

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I have some interesting upfront new from Saturday when I asked my 'list'. Jerome's wife Pam? (I'm horrid about names) said that their engineer's get board so they've been spending some effort designing Elio2 for the model after year one. Well not totally clear if model2 is next year's only, or they will have a two model offering. I suspect we'll just have to wait to see. I even got to meet the VP of Gov Affairs. He even remembered better that me, a communication we'd had. Got signatures from all three. And hugs from the Vassallo's.

Jerome says he liked the green striped racer, but I did ask. Never hurts to be nice![/QUO

Glad you are recovering and did not suffer anything too serious!

Glad you were able to have a good time and chat with them all. I have yet to meet Joel Sheltrown in person but stay in touch with him on Facebook. I was hoping to be out there this week but my project has been pushed back with no new date set so unfortunately that is not going to work out.[emoji20]

The Elio2 news is definitely interesting and I had not heard that yet but it is great that they are already looking into the future at another model or a revised version of this model. [emoji4]

Two Elio VP's who I have contact with on Facebook, Joel Sheltrown and Brendan Carey, have even already told me they would be interested in a model. Definitely good to keep EM on our side as this moves forward.

I have already made progress on converting a pair of the sketckup files into a format and form which the printer can understand and print without issues. I am learning as I go so it is good the printer may not he here until next week. I am having to export them into .obj files and then load them into another program to work on cleaning them up for the printer and create good .stl files as the direct sketchup .stl export does not really work all that well for the 3D printing. I am sure I will also have to print and tweak the design a few times to have a model that prints reliably after the printer gets here.[emoji4]

Top Bottom