• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Mike Corbin Sparrow EV was an even more functional quick to get around the city fleet delivery vehicle:

SO MUCH SO THAT THE NICKNAME OF THE 2nd GENERATION SPARROW WAS THE "PIZZA BUTT"

THE NON PIZZA BUTT MODELS HAD A SIDE DOOR INSTEAD OF A HATCH
& A VERY DIFFERENT SHAPE IN THE BACK .
beany_rear.jpg

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, definitely not cheap. It is not beyond the imagination they could develop a full cabin tadpole in hybrid. But a big stretch that they would attempt the volume of sales required to get the price down in competition to the Elio. Like all the other current automakers, they want to see the Elio sales figures from year one before they will try that business model. By then it's pretty easy to EV convert an Elio in the manufacturing finishing process.
EM could just not install the engine and gas tank itself, then ship to an EV final build shop. Not a lot of trouble there.
A hybrid Elio is a bit more trouble, that would have to be built in the primary production process.

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well,,,, If you put down a $1,000.00 non refundable,,, you get a spot in line tee shirt and bumper sticker.

correction,, all non-refundable deposits get a "place" in line and a tee shirt and bumper sticker.

$1000.00 gets a "spot" in line and a SIL number + tee shirt bumper sticker.

Last edited:

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
All I'm getting right now at the $100 All In level is the T Shirt and bumper sticker. At least that's the promise. I wonder how long it takes to actually get them?

I have a place in line which slips back every time anyone placed an upgrade or new ALL-IN order above the $100 level. A spot in line is not moved because you're already at the top level.

Last edited:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
All I'm getting right now at the $100 All In level is the T Shirt and bumper sticker. At least that's the promise. I wonder how long it takes to actually get them?
You'll be a few months out after roll out starts; and like I was told "20,000 people could jump inline at the $1,000 All In as the time get's closer; and all of those at $500 All In on down, get push that much further back"
I asked the same question (sort of) when I was talking to the tour group last year.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, definitely not cheap. It is not beyond the imagination they could develop a full cabin tadpole in hybrid. But a big stretch that they would attempt the volume of sales required to get the price down in competition to the Elio. Like all the other current automakers, they want to see the Elio sales figures from year one before they will try that business model. By then it's pretty easy to EV convert an Elio in the manufacturing finishing process.
EM could just not install the engine and gas tank itself, then ship to an EV final build shop. Not a lot of trouble there.
A hybrid Elio is a bit more trouble, that would have to be built in the primary production process.

Hello my friend. Seems like years since I've visited this site. WOW! And like the soap operas on TV, it doesn't look like there has been much progress or change; like a person could just pick up where we left off way back then. Does look like some of the names have changed?

Tell me, do you still believe they will build this thing in our life time? Or will we just end up like our dear friend, Zelio?

Later, my friend.

Please tell them all hello for me and that you saw my shadow passing through. :-)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One way or the other, yes. But 'our' autocycles to us while we're alive? I certainly hope so. And business case-wise, they probably could.

The absolute minimum progress now has 100 Elios delivered to fleet customers by early 2017.

So starting from that point, and this is totally hypothetical on my part;
After the 100 are delivered EM could choose to continue to build low volume lots of Elios for a price higher than 6800. Who would buy them? Fleet sales and later, given as an option, us.

Under that scenario, Em could up production 10% or 20% for each lot build just based on sales profits alone. But with more stock sales, that could grow faster. Lets say they get 12mil more in stock which has been held back up to now. That enables a lot build at 2400 if there were no tooling investment. But there will be new tooling involved. So lets say they can produce 200 in 60days (5mil into some tooling) and reaching 1000(total) in 90days , then 1000 more in the following 30days. That would have reached a 50/unit/day rate.

Then 10% more each lot order, improving tooling and speed as they go, say every 30 days on the average. At that rate of acceleration they are doubling production every 6 months. Presumably the price goes down towards the $7300, then the $6800 level as volumes increase.

In that progression, 12 months sees 25,000 delivered, and at 18 months all 50,000 delivered. 1st year rate 25,000/yr(25k delivered), Y2-60,000/yr(85k delivered in total), Y3-220,000/yr(305k delivered total)

However, in this process, early on, they would have qualified for the ATVM loan, could have issued more stock, obtained a 'bridge loan' or sold some of that surplus equipment. Any of that would allow them to progress into full production with-in 3-5 months from a running start.

I don't know what Elio has up their sleeves, but they ain't go'in to just sit on this. Funding the business cycle, that always been the key.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It just occured to me.... One of the big financial issues/penalties facing Elio is whether-or-not they have actual people working in the Shreevesport factory by an agreed-upon date. The 100 preproduction Elios will satisfy that requirement, at the very least, but I think you are right in that they may simply continue to produce in lower volume and steadly ramp up to full capacity as the funds become available.

But even if they don't continue straight into main production, building the 100 on the real assembly line will certainly help reduce the ramp-up time for the Main Production, once that begins.

Top Bottom