• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi AriLea, I hate to be such a nuisance.. the guy got back to me on it.. if you could just prepare a shell.. no glass, no details ( no mirrors) and just a simple axle to connect the wheel covers and visible 1/2 of the wheels it would help .
I have been working with Sketch up this week and had a hard enough time with basic boxes. ( kitchen remodel).
I can't even imagine complex curves and surfaces.. thanks so much for all you are doing!

OK DS, this version I just did, is an external only, has the mirrors and windows, but all holes sealed up. Most everything out of view is just air.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u7fedc3af-5867-4919-898a-729f339c99c9

This is a little different from 'no windows and no mirrors' (which doesn't make 100% sense to me, but OK). So for compliance to your request, I need to know if the interior, seats, dash and such should be kept. Then I assume the mirrors and windows would be removed, and the interior parts must be attached to something, ie connected to the body shell. These choices will not take much time at this point. Just a new upload to the warehouse.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK, I made what I think was requested for 3d printing, this version has an interior, has been simplified, mirrors and windows removed.
You can find it here for downloading;
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u59f566cf-2c5b-486b-88c1-882ed6b44c7d
If you get one made, let us know what it cost. Typically I've seen as much as $150-$300 for a 10inch print. It has to be cheaper somewhere I would think.

Dude you rock, this stuff is amazing thanks for all your contributions. :D

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK DS, this version I just did, is an external only, has the mirrors and windows, but all holes sealed up. Most everything out of view is just air.
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model.html?id=u7fedc3af-5867-4919-898a-729f339c99c9

This is a little different from 'no windows and no mirrors' (which doesn't make 100% sense to me, but OK). So for compliance to your request, I need to know if the interior, seats, dash and such should be kept. Then I assume the mirrors and windows would be removed, and the interior parts must be attached to something, ie connected to the body shell. These choices will not take much time at this point. Just a new upload to the warehouse.
Thank you AriLea. Apparently this guy can only do the outside shape, and apparently the mirrors are just too small or something.. no interior needed and that's great that you filled up the holes. I haven't gone to download it yet.. I"m working quite a bit right now and time is sparse. it'll be a week before I have any news..

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Thank you AriLea. it'll be a week before I have any news..
No problemo! :)

So one thing I've always liked, custom body mods! And also, I've always wanted to see a modern version of the Messerschmitt Super.
MesserSuper.jpg

So, for those that like this kind of thing, I present the 'Elio Super' :
(did this while watching MoneyBall for the first time, very interesting movie)
elio-Super.jpg

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

So one thing I've always liked, custom body mods! And also, I've always wanted to see a modern version of the Messerschmitt Super.
View attachment 3705
View attachment 3704
Now that Elio looks sleek and fast. Prototype for open-wheeled racing vehicle. I can see them on the track now.

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Wow Ari, that is just amazing!!! I'm assuming it has LED screens inside to replace the side mirrors! ;) Ya know what would be awesome!?! Take the dash & do some different configurations, i.e. different instrument clusters (non-Elgin), a storage cubby (for wallet or smokes)! Start a new thread, have people vote & maybe we'll see the most popular configurations as options on our Elio! Idk anything about this or how time consuming it is, but for all the chatter about the dash, it seems like it'd be a popular thread! :D

Kronos

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score

View attachment 3705
View attachment 3704

Omg I love that concept! Really amplifies that airplane aspect. Looks super fun :D

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

View attachment 3705
View attachment 3704

Nice Ari! Throw some wings and a tail on that sucker and you'd have a sharp looking pylon racer!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Omg I love that concept! Really amplifies that airplane aspect. Looks super fun :D
Wow Ari, that is just amazing!!! I'm assuming it has LED screens inside to replace the side mirrors! ;) Ya know what would be awesome!?! Take the dash & do some different configurations, i.e. different instrument clusters (non-Elgin), a storage cubby (for wallet or smokes)! Start a new thread, have people vote & maybe we'll see the most popular configurations as options on our Elio! Idk anything about this or how time consuming it is, but for all the chatter about the dash, it seems like it'd be a popular thread! :D

Well, OK, this is a totally academic pursuit, at least to start, but then so was my Atlantric, then the Elio appeared out of nowhere. So have faith that things have synchronicity and anything can happen. So, I'll first 3d the design. (been actually doing that today) The hard part is doing it as a street legal glass windshield. But I'm getting somewhere there.

Top Bottom