• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since you've got access to a 3D printer, you might be interested in checking out this software. VERY impressive "Free" CAD software, about as simple to operate as any CAD software I've seen, and TONS of tutorials....and check out their DesignSpark PCB for creating/testing PC boards....also "free".

http://www.rs-online.com/designspark/electronics/eng/page/mechanical

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yup, you can use a knife however a Dremel is definitely you friend here. I also have a set of small wood carving knife tools of various sizes and shapes which I can also use for selective detail cleanup.

G1;
Not to change the subject, but, we really missed being at the "get together", by the time we got home it was after 3 and another hour and a half to you guys :(, I'm sure there will be more. ;):):D

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Status update.
I have the surface geometry all done and mostly cleaned up. I only have a couple of things to do to make it look a bit better for other uses, blend the new surfaces in, cut excess 'feathering' out, hide some resulting lines. Stuff like that. Then I'll make a simplified copy, pull the interior out etc, for the printable version.

I'd post a pic but that laptop is on wifi and the forum fails to upload images that way, I have no idea why. It's been that way a long time. I have to 'sneaker net' image cuts to a different PC then post them. Sometimes I just email them to myself, which involves an upload that actually works over the WiFi.
I would have done that last night, but my wife threatened to unplug my PC if I didn't go to bed. I'm licensed to listen to her, so I do (sometimes) :) .

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Status update.
I have the surface geometry all done and mostly cleaned up. I only have to do a couple of things to do to make it look a bit better for other uses, blend the new surfaces in, cut excess 'feathering' out, hide some resulting lines. Stuff like that. Then I'll make a simplified copy, pull the interior out etc, for the printable version.

I'd post a pic but that laptop is on wifi and the forum fails to upload images that way, I have no idea why. It's been that way a long time. I have to 'sneaker net' image cuts to a different PC then post them. Sometimes I just email them to myself, which involves an upload that actually works over the WiFi.
I would have done that last night, but my wife threatened to unplug my PC if I didn't go to bed. I'm licensed to listen to her, so I do (sometimes) :) .
Keep up the great work!
As of this morning, I have my little 3D model sitting on my desk. Had a few people stop by and ask about it. One actually had money on a Sparrow way back when. Never heard of the Elio. Now he has.
I just wish I knew how to clean up the model. It looks pretty bad from all my dremmel and knife hacking to remove the scaffolding.

Tomg3rd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep up the great work!
As of this morning, I have my little 3D model sitting on my desk. Had a few people stop by and ask about it. One actually had money on a Sparrow way back when. Never heard of the Elio. Now he has.
I just wish I knew how to clean up the model. It looks pretty bad from all my dremmel and knife hacking to remove the scaffolding.
Sand and paint!

Top Bottom