• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

4/3/2015 - New York Times - Waiting On The Elio

Reaction score
"That woman" bragged a few weeks ago about being interviewed for this. She had "no idea what will be in it". She didn't get much attention by it, not even her name. I wonder if she requested that. Great way to celebrate this lovely Spring weekend. Just one more thing to be happy about. Happy Dance. Good Morning.

'lio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hack job? How so? It describes the optimism, excitement, commitment, the financing problems, AND the disappointment, cynicism, eg, in this forum.
Hack job? How so? It describes the optimism, excitement, commitment, the financing problems, AND the disappointment, cynicism, eg, in this forum.

Because it is not very informative, but repeatedly points out the delays in building the Elio, which put in proper context (startup, new vehicle category, new way of designing a vehicle), is hardly a surprise. The article has close to nothing about the vehicles design. But then it's true: all news is good news, as long as they get your name right.

Last edited:

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ELIO has the dream down, they have the idea . They seem to have a good amount of the real work done on the car. What ELIO does not have is funding.
That is not a delay that can be applied to the rest of it and the biggest issue they face. The only thing stopping the ELIO from rolling out to customers is funding.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The news conference with Paul seems to be taken fairly seriously, and is sparking some additional interest, and of course more news.
I would expect a little rise in the reservation rate for that.

Definitely some factoids in there that I found useful. Most of it we've heard before, but some questions are settled. Yet a new question popped up for me. What did Paul actually mean by the first Elio Engine built by Elio was only started 30days ago? The engine in test was made by whom then? I'm guessing this new one's the first engine not being tested to destruction by IAV, and maybe this one will go into a new car. Course knowing how EM likes to get more for the buck, I could easily see them drop it in the P4.
But somehow I think they won't, and it will go into a new car. It would be a lot of trouble to revamp the P4, for very little return.

Pretty clear the front tires will be 135's and the rear a 175. I was hoping for 135's in front, for the same reasons too.

Top Bottom