• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

4/3/2015 - New York Times - Waiting On The Elio

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The news conference with Paul seems to be taken fairly seriously, and is sparking some additional interest, and of course more news.
I would expect a little rise in the reservation rate for that.

Definitely some factoids in there that I found useful. Most of it we've heard before, but some questions are settled. Yet a new question popped up for me. What did Paul actually mean by the first Elio Engine built by Elio was only started 30days ago? The engine in test was made by whom then? I'm guessing this new one's the first engine not being tested to destruction by IAV, and maybe this one will go into a new car. Course knowing how EM likes to get more for the buck, I could easily see them drop it in the P4.
But somehow I think they won't, and it will go into a new car. It would be a lot of trouble to revamp the P4, for very little return.

Pretty clear the front tires will be 135's and the rear a 175. I was hoping for 135's in front, for the same reasons too.
Sorry. As of now there is only one engine, and it's running at IAV's test facility in Michigan. Additional engines (31 of them) will be ordered when funding permits the prototypes to be started.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The news conference with Paul seems to be taken fairly seriously, and is sparking some additional interest, and of course more news.
I would expect a little rise in the reservation rate for that.

Definitely some factoids in there that I found useful. Most of it we've heard before, but some questions are settled. Yet a new question popped up for me. What did Paul actually mean by the first Elio Engine built by Elio was only started 30days ago? The engine in test was made by whom then? I'm guessing this new one's the first engine not being tested to destruction by IAV, and maybe this one will go into a new car. Course knowing how EM likes to get more for the buck, I could easily see them drop it in the P4.
But somehow I think they won't, and it will go into a new car. It would be a lot of trouble to revamp the P4, for very little return.

Pretty clear the front tires will be 135's and the rear a 175. I was hoping for 135's in front, for the same reasons too.
The video of the engine was released just about 30 days ago which would make the most sense.
But like the song goes....
[Broken External Image]

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Make that 8.482 of them and I completely agree with you!
gee, that's not what was recently posted, the quote was that after the 7014th unit, they were going to shut the line and wait for some actual reports from the field to see if any modification(s) were necessary, they will then, after about 30 days resume production with a double shift.

cortsdad2

Elio Addict
Reaction score
gee, that's not what was recently posted, the quote was that after the 7014th unit, they were going to shut the line and wait for some actual reports from the field to see if any modification(s) were necessary, they will then, after about 30 days resume production with a double shift.
I hope it's not because they had 7,014 reports of wheels that fell off...

Top Bottom