• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

5/16/2014 Production Update From Paul Elio

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
having only been looking into an Elio for a short time and just joining this forum, this thread (which simply ended a couple of months ago) raises some concern .... has anything positive or negative happened since the last post which was made on July 6th that would help one to know if things are getting better or worse

Jim

amwinkle

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
having only been looking into an Elio for a short time and just joining this forum, this thread (which simply ended a couple of months ago) raises some concern .... has anything positive or negative happened since the last post which was made on July 6th that would help one to know if things are getting better or worse

Jim
I believe the most positive thing I have found happen that helped in my decision making and ideas toward going all in 1000 is this link here

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3740884335001/3-wheel-elio-takes-on-the-smart-car/#sp=show-clips

in addition to this one

http://blog.eliomotors.com/

Both of these show the dire need in our era and culture to have a reliable, efficient, and cost effective means of travel for our everyday lives. In addition to the already common knowledge of this need, is the fact that Mr. Elio is open and honest about funding and where they have taken that funding the past year.

I also personally like the fact that they have changed the laws for 3 wheeled vehicles in florida to not have to take the motorcycle license test or specifically wear a helmet while driving the elio (mind you wearing a helmet in the elio would more then likely kill the person driving the vehicle).

I hope this helps jim.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep the faith fellow elio supporters. I know many of you are getting tired of waiting. But one needs to remember that building a truly new type of production car is a really hard project to start. I would rather elio take the time to do it right, then for them to rush into production with a inferior product....
I realize that also, BUT I would rather Elio Motors be more accurate in their 'predictions' of Production START (and reflect the 'difficulty' of the project), INSTEAD of publishing 'optimistic' dates...... than FAILING to meet them. They also 'promised' to provide weekly updates of their progress in their BLOG;
"Each week we are taking you along on our journey by sharing some of our progress making your Elio."" Quote from 13, Sept, 2013
??? NO REPORTS = NO PROGRESS ???
Difficult to 'keep the faith' when Elio Motors states (back on 6, Sept , 2013) “25 prototypes are under construction in Detroit”...... NOW, a year later.... we learn that they still have NOT began construction!

Last edited:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I realize that also, BUT I would rather Elio Motors be more accurate in their 'predictions' of Production START (and reflect the 'difficulty' of the project), INSTEAD of publishing 'optimistic' dates...... than FAILING to meet them. They also 'promised' to provide weekly updates of their progress in their BLOG;

??? NO REPORTS = NO PROGRESS ???
Difficult to 'keep the faith' when Elio Motors states (back on 6, Sept , 2013) “25 prototypes are under construction in Detroit”...... NOW, a year later.... we learn that they still have NOT began construction!

Would you mind posting a link? I don't remember reading that the "25" were actually "in construction." Thanks.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
this may well be known to folks who have been here a while but having just joined, I can't help but wonder .... do any members of the Elio management team monitor this forum ? .... doing so would be a great way to keep a finger on the pulse of the companies supporters and detractors .... it would also offer an opportunity for them to disseminate accurate, up to date info

Jim

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
[QUOTE="amwinkle, post: (mind you wearing a helmet in the elio would more then likely kill the person driving the vehicle).

I hope this helps jim.[/QUOTE]

Where do you find the data to support this view? Thanks

amwinkle

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
[QUOTE="amwinkle, post: (mind you wearing a helmet in the elio would more then likely kill the person driving the vehicle).

I hope this helps jim.

Where do you find the data to support this view? Thanks[/QUOTE]
Hey karl,

Take a listen to about halfway through this link :) Paul talks about the dangerous nature of wearing a helmet during driving of an Elio. He actually has stated on multiple occasions that it would be extremely dangerous to drive while wearing a helmet in the Elio.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3740884335001/3-wheel-elio-takes-on-the-smart-car/#sp=show-clips

Also here is a link to the description of the states that have approved or disapproved the law for wearing a helmet in the Elio and the reasons why.

http://www.eliomotors.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/united_states_V4.pdf

https://www.facebook.com/ElioMotors/posts/603641033034106

and

http://eliomotors.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/lets-talk-about-laws-5-16-14/

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
this may well be known to folks who have been here a while but having just joined, I can't help but wonder .... do any members of the Elio management team monitor this forum ? .... doing so would be a great way to keep a finger on the pulse of the companies supporters and detractors .... it would also offer an opportunity for them to disseminate accurate, up to date info

Jim

We do not currently have any members who are openly employed by Elio Motors however from our conversations with Elio employees at events and through other means we do know that they are fully aware of this forum and do sometimes read what is being discussed.

Elio Motors has also been in contact contact with a number of community members both on this forum and on other Elio forums and they do occasionally hold online 'town hall' meetings where a select group of reservation holders are given a chance to speak directly with Paul Elio.

Top Bottom