• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

#5433 From Texas

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Hello, I'm just getting round to joining this group of people who all sound very well versed on the Elio. It's nice to be part of a group of persons who would love to get their Elio besides me. I have several questions I would like to ask about the car if I can figure out how. Thank you and god bless.

tommy

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to ask discuss what I would like to ask, but if so I was wondering if we may be allowed to pick up our Elio at Shreveport or if we would have to wait and let it be delivered to a dealer. Also if we can pick it up there do we have to pay sales tax and registration in Louisiana of wait and pay in our home state. It seems that somewhere in one of the discussions someone talked about going to the factory. Since I am fairly close I could do that and save delivery charges.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hello, I'm just getting round to joining this group of people who all sound very well versed on the Elio. It's nice to be part of a group of persons who would love to get their Elio besides me. I have several questions I would like to ask about the car if I can figure out how. Thank you and god bless.
Tommy, welcome to the forum where you will find the latest information about the development and production of the Elio. Using its search function will give you the answers to most of your questions. If you can't find it just ask because we are a helpful friendly group (most of us). We try to make this a rewarding and entertaining experience.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Tommy, and a big WELCOME to you, from the Bayou State; Louisiana! What's there to "figure out?" See? There; I just "asked" a question. . . . . .so Tommy, don't be shy, man. . . . . . . Ask your question; someone on here will be sure to answer. :rolleyes:

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to ask discuss what I would like to ask, but if so I was wondering if we may be allowed to pick up our Elio at Shreveport or if we would have to wait and let it be delivered to a dealer. Also if we can pick it up there do we have to pay sales tax and registration in Louisiana of wait and pay in our home state. It seems that somewhere in one of the discussions someone talked about going to the factory. Since I am fairly close I could do that and save delivery charges.
Yes, there will be a factory pickup program. Whether or not the delivery fee will be waived is still up in the air. Paul Elio wants it waived, his head of sales wants it to be charged anyway. There are a couple of threads with lots of details if you want to research and learn more. Unknown about the taxes.

Top Bottom