• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

7/4/14 - Jo Borras Article: Elio Motors Q&a With Paul Elio... The A Part

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Basic research, ah like looking at various companies throughout the world, that offer 2 & 3 cylinder engines (a couple of countries have big markets for this, and are in 3 wheeled vehicles, but that would require a simple search to find this out). And as I have said (but you would have to do a search) license the right to build the engine themselves, thus saving them (Elio) money.

How do you know that since 2008 Paul Elio and his team have not thoroughly researched other engine options they could source directly or license and build themselves? It appears to me that you are making a very large assumption about what you believe they have not done and what the results could be.

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... Me I tell them the truth, they don't have funding in place( after 6 years only have $55m of $200m needed), several delays already, none of the claims can be proven. If it comes out, buy one. But not until that happens. Don't put money down.

You tell them the truth?...Do you tell them of the $70M from the sale of extra equipment? basic math says 55 + 70 = $125M. Do you tell them that EM WILL NOT accept more than $1K deposits?
I can only speculate why you might be jaded. A lifetime of bad investments? Not doing enough research? Investing money that you couldn't afford to loose? Only YOU know what your true motivation is.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You hear a lot of things, like Elio has the money, it's delayed due to regulations. It will get 84 mpg, cost $6800. 5 star rating, so far nothing. What do you think will happen if Elio finds out they can save $50 or $100 per engine if they outsource engine to a vendor in the plant and meet their $6800 goal. At this point nothing is believable until(IF) it makes into production...............So to all you people pushing this thing to family, friends, etc.., are you telling them the the truth about Elio, or just telling them, I believe, or I have faith(it's a vehicle, not a religion), don't worry about it, while you get them to invest in a deposit they can't afford, let alone lose based on your faith or belief it will be built...........this last delay was due to funding (this according to Elio, in article), what happens if their is a correction in market? Think funding will dry up. And to the people that say, a vehicle like this is needed now more than ever (why didn't the funding occur in 2008/2009)? Me I tell them the truth, they don't have funding in place( after 6 years only have $55m of $200m needed), several delays already, none of the claims can be proven. If it comes out, buy one. But not until that happens. Don't put money down.
Great, you've warned us all. Won't you feel wonderful if time proves you right? Nah, you'll still be yourself. Can't escape that.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DBN477, why is it that pessimists are always unhappy people. Maybe if you should look for a vehicle that is already in production because it seems you can't stand the pressure or uncertainty of the Elio. Life is too short to be unhappy. Find something that makes you happy and let the rest of us enjoy the Elio journey

Last edited:
Top Bottom