• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$7300 Final Price

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see that you have been on this ride long enough not to believe what you just wrote is going to happen. Where is this negativity coming from?
You're right. I don't think that will happen, but just stating facts of what could happen. And it's not negative, I don't think. Just factual and possible.
I already committed to purchase for $7000.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Except this IS a big deal.
Currently, we are already out $1000. No matter what, car or no car, we're not getting that back.
Now if we commit, we have committed to spending $7000 on something, but we don't know what. As long as ELIO sells SOMETHING that resembles a car, we are committed to buying it for $7000. It may get 30 MPG. It may be electric. It may have 4 or 2 wheels. It may be a glorified moped, but we are going to buy it for $7000.
Strictly speaking, you are correct. However, the track record that Elio has compiled, their consistency of design, and everything they have been saying since day one are consistent with the car we want. That is, three wheels, highly efficient, well-built, long lasting and affordable. Your hypothesis that we are buying a pig in a poke, and that the car could be electrical, could be four wheels, or could be anything at all is just plain orneriness.

If Elio wants a commitment from those of us who have made non-refundable deposits, we should just consider that those deposits are in fact a commitment to buy the car, and sign on the damn line without further ado. If you really want to help Elio come to the marketplace, you need to step up. UPDATE: YOU mean ALL OF US. I already know that you (Comtrex) have already stepped up.

Last edited:

Johnny Acree

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If this is the case, I wish the email was a bit clearer. Exactly explain what the binding commitment means and that it is different from the all in reservation. It is a bit unclear, I initially thought that I didn't have to do anything and couldn't get the lower price because I was already All In. It took a bit of reading to realize what it was saying.
This is worth saying again! I did not understand at first,,, second,,,,, and third time I read the letter. But I kept wondering what's the difference in "all in, non-refundable" and "Binding". Well,, it's $300.00!!
DO IT!!!

Rickey Labit

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Couple of years ago I dropped $1000 all in. I didn't make that commitment lightly. I decided right then I would stand behind EM until they either closed the doors or started production. As far as I'm concerned that was my commitment, my "binding agreement". So to sign a binding agreement for a locked in final price is no big deal if you're really "all in". Either you're 100% behind EM or you're not.

Well said. My sentiments exactly!

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't think the web site delineates that way. I, for instance, locked my single Elio purchase in about 4 times before I saw the little banner at the top that said I had done it right.

I thought I had read that, but evidently did not. But if you wanted to quibble, the issue is the number of committed reservations, not reservationists (some of whom SHOULD be committed, but that's a different issue ....). So I'd encourage people to file the "commit" docs for each reservation they hold.

How about that, LillyMay?

Top Bottom